VS Cars going head to head!

Very funny race... BTW Buick century & Dodge charger

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: Very funny race... BTW Buick century & Dodge charger

ORIGINAL: LT1RUNNER

Here's a little info for in case you decide to street race again. It's from a Mustang forum but it's about the same subject. Enjoy!

http://www.themustangnews.com/clubne...0508mih110.htm

Damn, son! That sucks.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:13 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: LT1RUNNER

Here's a little info for in case you decide to street race again. It's from a Mustang forum but it's about the same subject. Enjoy!

http://www.themustangnews.com/clubne...0508mih110.htm
Dear christ... that's terrible man.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:21 PM
1st Gear Member

hey how did you manage to not bend the bumper on the old car? like its completley smashed and the bumbers just chillin there like nothin happend lol

Old 05-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Ninja Administrator

LT1Runner=buzzkill [&:]

Old 05-14-2008, 08:10 PM

The pickup truck had to be about 1 foot higher off the ground, I was very mad to find out that the bumpers did not match up, if they did, I would probably still have the car and would still be happy... The pick up had to be a 94 chevy pickup truck, I am not sure though I would have to look at the accident report again which I will to see how much he took out to fix his truck.

As for the mustang, I heard about that story, was on the 11 PM night news when I saw it the day after it happened, they said at 11PM at night at this time this accident happened blah blah blah. My father was telling me "Did you hear about the street racing accident where 2 people died from Lancaster on transit road?". I told him no and watched T.V. with him at around 10:50. At 11:00PM me and him saw the accident on the news, the mustang rear and the front end was completely detached from each other, seemed like they were split from the passenger side front all the way down to the driver side rear. The suspected car was a black dodge neon, I thought it was my friend. He drives a 2000 Plymouth neon, and can easily be mistaken for a dodge neon, and he goes to Lancaster some times for LAN parties and stuff because he is a gamer like me, but I am more into cars. Lancaster is 5-10 minutes away from my house where the accident was so I knew all about it. Unfortunately, it was not my friends 2000 Plymouth neon, I wanted it to be it so I could be like, "Man, and you said you are a better racer then me, looks like your day has come, good luck!" haha, but they got the suspect that they think was racing him. A 21 year old, my friend is 20, and he lives in cheektowoga right next to Lancaster. Most of my friends that goto lancaster said they knew these 2, it was a guy and a girl. They said they went to lancaster high, and they had a big cerimoney and stuff, but what school wouldn't with a big bad accident such as this one. The guy that was driving the mustang, just got the car 3-4 days before he crashed it they all said. This guy shouldn't have raced with a car he did not know a whole lot about, it was his fault they got into an accident, I will read that article more because I do not know exactally how it happened, but now with the 21 year old other guy that raced them in custody they will have the whole story... Atleast his side of the story, can't really ask 2 dead people what really happened... so will not be 100% acurate because he doesn't want to goto jail and do time or get a fine.

Also one of my other friends that went to the girls funeral said that, "The police are trying to figure out if they should give the man of the black dodge neon a hefty fine and jail time, or not to because he did not crash, but the police are saying its just as much fault as the driver of the mustang as the dodge neon because, both parties are willinly involved in the accident because it takes 2 to race..." So that was from someone who knew the girl passenger and was talking with the unfortunate parents.

After reading this article, but mostly seeing this accident on T.V. It scared the s**t out of me, but who wouldn't get scared living only 5-10 minute away from the accident site. If I got in an accident going 75-90 on william street that would have sucked, but theres only a couple of poles on the street, if you ran off the road you would hit a bunch of fields with bumps so, the car might have flipped resulting in an even worse accident. Anyone else have any comments on this story?

Old 05-14-2008, 08:47 PM

Haha read this after I read the mustang article....

"Mark and Melanie did not go out planning to die. Having been there myself, taking the love of my life out for a drive in my Mustang it's the last thing on our minds. Having street raced myself, I never expected it to end like this for me or for the other guy. Nobody does, but it happens every day. Mark had just bought his dream car and was likely inexperienced behind the wheel with 300hp on tap and being new to a stick shift. He was likely very proud and excited about having this new machine and wanted to have fun with it. We have all been there."

All I have to say to Mark, the driver of the mustang, HE IS A DUMB ***! YOU NEVER RACE A MUSTANG WHEN YOU ARE NEW TO STICK SHIFT AND ONLY HAD IT FOR 3-4 DAYS... wow what a dumb *** he deserved what was coming hard to say that... but who goes out racing 3-4 days after you are new to stick... lmao... That was why the accdient happened and why he lost control of the car, thats what I think...

Old 05-14-2008, 09:25 PM
2nd Gear member

Damn man, that was morbid. I can't say that I wouldn't want to go out racing this weekend if I got a stick shift Camaro tomorrow, and I'm not good with manual at all (only driven stick like 2 times). Guys do stupid stuff when they're in a car with their girlfriend, or that girl that they're just "friends" with. I'm guilty of it myself.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:02 PM

Yeah I totally agree, I don't know how to shift with a stick yet, always driven automatic. Going to buy a 200 $ junker soon just to learn stick and junk it right after and get around 350-400 $ lmao, make more then I pay for, I know someone in the junkyard business and people who get cars for 200$ are actually getting a deal, since they are worth 200-400 junked... My friend got a 400 $ car crappy car forgot what make and model, but after he was done after it stalled on him all the time, he decided to junk it and hes getting around 350-400 for it junked, so he didn't get a bad deal. He also had a green junk car before don't know what year or anything but he got it for 200$, and junked it for 250$... Got more then he paid for it. He gave the guy 40 $ to toe it, so he made 10 $ lmao...

So yeah, I wont be racing with a junker with stick so I am not worried, but after I get the hang of it I will get a car with stick and will not race within 1 min- 1 year of getting the car and getting use to it and knowing stick alittle better... You need to be experienced with a car before you go off and race it you know?

Old 05-14-2008, 10:16 PM
2nd Gear member

I see what you mean. All I was saying is you can't really blame the guy for wanting to mess around in his new car. It's his dream car + he was with his girl, and I can relate to that, well, without the whole dream car part. Haven't gotten a hold of a 66 427 Cobra yet [&:].

Old 05-14-2008, 11:23 PM

Yeah, but he should have been smarter than that even if the other guy wanted to race him... Of course the mustang mach 1 was going to win the race, unless the neon was tricked out a lot or had an SRT 4 motor in it... Then he might have a good chance to win.

But as I sad, never race a car you are not comfortable with or else it can end up the same way as this guy did... He deserved what he got for showing off to his girl friend when there was no need to. He put her life in his hands and killed her instantly, short time after killed himself. He deserved what he got since he was NEW to stick shift, and he had recently got the car. You should always feel comfortable when you race your own car, or else you have a good chance to wreck it just like the mustang. I doubt he felt comfortable driving stick in 3-4 days, and again, he said it was "new" to him his father said. Never know, he could have taken his friends car out for a spin with him in the car and it was stick and got the hang of it, but we can't ask him that himself so whatever... He should have waited a little longer to show off to his girlfriend when he knew what the car could do, I'm not sure if it rained that day, but It might have happened on wet pavement, and that is just a call for an accident. Especially where he was, this strip along transit in Lancaster is the busiest because its only 2 lanes wide, and up ahead it moves into a 3 lane and is less crowded. This stripe of road is also a high potential for police and getting pulled over during school hours going the regular speed you always go down the road. Not a smart decision on the driver of the mustang's part, not smart at all... I know this area pretty well, and even at 11PM at night, it is pretty busy... Anywhere on transit is a call for an accident because it is the busiest street in the area, its like an expressway, everyone takes it... (it's not an express way, just saying that to show you what its like, and people want to take this road instead of going the back way)

Quick Reply: Very funny race... BTW Buick century & Dodge charger