Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   VS (https://camaroforums.com/forum/vs-87/)
-   -   street racing (https://camaroforums.com/forum/vs-87/street-racing-40732/)

95slvrZ28 07-22-2009 12:24 PM

I own a Camaro and I love it to death, but I can sight tons of examples where imports are faster than a Z28. I've seen imports that would make your car look like it's standing still at a track. Please try to think about what you're posting before you make yourself look like a moron...

camaro_burns_all 07-22-2009 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by cammanLT1 (Post 345778)
what know faith in american cars i raced him a on sunday and beat him by a full car on street tires and stock gears but dont get me wrong he got me off the line but that AWD cant hang with ture american horsepower. HAHAHA you guys are stupid for even thinking a import could beat a camaroZ28

a slightly modded g35 can own your car. Idk wtf you are talking about. You sound like one of those noobs that think just because its American its invincible and we should all buy American cars.

SloBalt 07-22-2009 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by camaro_burns_all (Post 346064)
a slightly modded g35 can own your car. Idk wtf you are talking about. You sound like one of those noobs that think just because its American its invincible and we should all buy American cars.

Good point^^^^

The STI would walk him 0-60 mph. Then the maro would pull off on him.

I just think that being the fact that 'american muscle' is intimidating, doesnt mean that it will win every single time. Back in the day, my KE20 with the Silvertop 4AG on stock tranny and 13" panasports would have walked him all day long. And that is an OLD import. I used to be that way with my maro until I got smoked by a supra....

SloBalt 07-22-2009 05:17 PM

I guess just say good kill....

But work on attitude?? Lets take your maro against my Balt in the twisties and I will be waiting for you at the finish line for 20 seconds on a 2 minute location.

cammanLT1 07-22-2009 07:42 PM

ok

sorry about the stupid comment and ur right about the sti being fast he smoked my stock z but i really did beat him with my new modded LT1

SloBalt 07-23-2009 03:02 PM

Cool. I like this environment....

People don't continue on with these stupid attitudes and can admit when they pushed it too far. Like I had said, GOOD KILL!

But, for me, the STI is a little out of reach 0-60 but 1/4s I can catch up to be even with him.

What do you have as far as mods on your LT1??

95slvrZ28 07-23-2009 03:18 PM

He lists his mods in the original post :)

In general a stock STi is a drivers race for an LS1 F-body. Providing they both have good drivers they'll run similar times. With your mods you're probably at around the same 1/4 mile times as a stock or lightly modded LS1, so I would say that you need to recommend your buddy practice his driving technique! Good kill!

SloBalt 07-23-2009 03:33 PM

Thanks for the refresher.... :D