VS Cars going head to head!

Raced a Riced Civic

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:42 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!
Default RE: Raced a Riced Civic

a civic like any car can be fast but for every 1 civic thats built well theres a **** ton of them that were done terribley

Old 09-18-2007, 11:02 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

This is a true statment.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:36 AM
2nd Gear member

Since this is alive again, the car was a RICER, not a well-done import. most imports are rice, but a few are done right. my friend rob is on here occasionally as boosted muscle, he has a 94 3000gt, twin turbo, runs 12s on street tires, handles amazingly, his is well done, its not rice, its a nice import. the diff is he puts money into performance on a performance platform, he does not pay for fluff on a economy platform, thats the diff here

Old 09-19-2007, 10:55 AM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

were not questioning you ricereater just dicussing the possiblity of a well built civic in some aplications

Old 09-19-2007, 03:28 PM
2nd Gear member

no i realize that, but guys who build civics for performance are morons, go on a platform worth using, like i said, a 3000, a second gen eclipse, a 350z, not a civic or corolla or car like that

Old 09-19-2007, 09:48 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: riceeater

no i realize that, but guys who build civics for performance are morons, go on a platform worth using, like i said, a 3000, a second gen eclipse, a 350z, not a civic or corolla or car like that
Watch your self riceeater before you make a bold statment like that. First off the Second gen eclipse is crap performance wise vs thefirst gen. Not only is heaver than the but it also suffers from the 7 bolt 4g63 prone to crank walk and the turbo is a little less than the first.Now for theCorolla. What about thetrue 4ageAE86 20 valve 1.6L with Individual throttle bodies not a bad car for the 80s puting down something like 150 HP not bad in a 2300 pound car. Built to formula Atlantic spec the engine will produce 260 HP at 11,000 RPMs no you cant drive it on the street but still pretty cool for a NA 1.6L. Now back to the civic. I hate ricers more than any one but wheatear you want to admit it or not there are some nice street civics out there and a few that would have no problem schooling that 307 of yours.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:59 AM
2nd Gear member

touche friend but as compared to many imports, these cars were a better platform to work off of, many young import folks are doing the lower end corollas and civics, and these you speak of are not as common, at least not around here. Import guys are kinda rare around here, most drive mustangs, third gen camaros or lifted trucks. thats why I say the things about the import guys around here. where you are they may build damn good cars, around here its the Fast and the Furious crowd, thinks if its a four banger and stick, it must be fast. there is a boy who put coil overs, cold air and stripped the interior, cut out his ac, and thought the car was fast. had not much done. spent money on coil overs that coulda gone to the motor. thats the kind of import guys i run into around here. Maybe, like I said, diff where you are, I would hope it is. The point i was making is that most imports, other than an already performance oriented one, are slow. Not all are however. A lot of young guys watched too much Fast and the Furious, and it shows in what they do to the cars. As for the Eclipse thats my bad, I was thinkin second gen camaro, such as mine, you are right about that, though the second gen was better than the third gen.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:53 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

for clarities sake it should be noted that "exhaust tips" dont equal speed. could also be summed up saying "NA 4cyl" doesnt equal speed, or maybe "honda" doesnt equal speed [8D]
I have some friends making quick N/A 4s, but it takes quite a bit more than slapping on a header and throwing in a cam. 12.5:1 compression, extremely precise head porting, huge cams, and removal of all accessories is pretty common, and that's to get to the 13s. I know one guy in particular making 12.2s in an N/A 2.4l Neon, but I can pretty much guarantee you that people that know enough about their cars and have that much time and money invested into the modifications of them aren't going to be the standard Honda ricer, and you won't get a street race out of them just for the hell of it. Ricers FTL...

Old 09-25-2007, 11:00 AM

Ricers can put waste their money on whatever they want.coilovers, wings, carbon fiber, carbon copies.... carbon footprints, I dont give a $hit Its when they drive like a$$holes, and talk **** to everyone that is pisses me off. They make people like myself, evos, CORRECTLY tuned hondas etc. look bad. And chicks actually dig this look?

Old 09-26-2007, 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: cbr600rx7

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

for clarities sake it should be noted that "exhaust tips" dont equal speed. could also be summed up saying "NA 4cyl" doesnt equal speed, or maybe "honda" doesnt equal speed [8D]
What about the K20 RSX type S (217 HP). And the H22 prelude (200 HP) or the B18C5 out of the integra type R(195 HP) All are ok cars and are fun to drive the Integra and the type S more than the Prelude. Now spend a 8 grand in bolt ons and the swap into a EG6 or CRX now your sitting a fun little NA 4 banger that would be a good match for a older GT. Yes 9 out of 10 times its some kid with a stock D series engine or maybe a B16 or LS swap but there are a few that have been done right and from me they get respect.
exactly what i was thinking theres the k20a1 which is a well built motor and with bolt on and dropped into a hatch back can make high to mid 12's easy. With a small shot now you have a fun 4 banger!!!!! love a real honda guy!! not that ricer ****

Quick Reply: Raced a Riced Civic