VS Cars going head to head!

Post your kill list

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010 | 04:44 PM
1st Gear Member

so no one wants to race me =( saw a yellow Ferrari F430 the other day and caught up to it on the freeway and revved at it ( you know you would do the same, id love to get raped by a ferrari haha) and he didnt do anything. then today i saw a C4 vette and thought that would be a really good race so i caught up to it also on the freeway and he seemed to be tryin to get through traffic so i stayed on his tail then passed him and he got in the same lane behind me then there was an opening in a lane with no one ahead of me so i took off but he didnt follow. sad.

Old 08-10-2010 | 07:54 PM
2nd Gear member

Ok, so today I was driving to Austin TX. today and I had just gotten onto I-635 South. I looked in my rear view mirror and I saw a new bodystyled Mustang. So I thought to myself, ok it's just a Mustang.... I look again and I see the headlights slightly angle up and he starts to accelerate toward me. I'm doing 60MPH and I go straight down into third gear I run 3rd out to about 90MPH and shift into 4th, after I got into 4th I looked up and he's about 2 car lengths behind me not gaining or slowing down so were about even. I run 4th out to 120MPH and shift into 5th. When I got into 5th I looked up and he just blew by me!! I was very surprised to say the least... When he slowed down I got next to him and it had 5.0 decals on the side of it! So I guess it was a brand new 5.0!! We ran again and the same thing happened. We were dead even until I shifted into 5th gear then he would just walk off on me. I want to see a 1/4 run out of that 5.0!!

Old 08-10-2010 | 10:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes

that 5.0 would leave you behind. they pack a punch.

Old 08-10-2010 | 11:38 PM
ROTM Director
Ride of the Month Director

not for sure. the 2011 5.0 is a little faster than the 2010 SS.
if you compare 1/4 times for the 2010 and the LS1, the LS1 could be labelled as faster very easily. So, he could very easily have run with that 5.0

Old 08-11-2010 | 02:09 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Wac137
that 5.0 would leave you behind. they pack a punch.
I think I could get him on the 1/4, If I can get a good launch. I really liked the sound of this one, he had a really good exhaust on it! But it was still ugly as sin. I don't like Mustangs but I will give respect when it's due. And he did walk on me, but not until we hit 125MPH!

Old 08-11-2010 | 11:14 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by KissMyTush
I think I could get him on the 1/4, If I can get a good launch. I really liked the sound of this one, he had a really good exhaust on it! But it was still ugly as sin. I don't like Mustangs but I will give respect when it's due. And he did walk on me, but not until we hit 125MPH!

I agree I hate mustangs and there are waaaay to many of them but I wouldn't turn down a new 5.0 if it were free

Old 08-11-2010 | 12:54 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by Wac137
I agree I hate mustangs and there are waaaay to many of them but I wouldn't turn down a new 5.0 if it were free
I would have to drive it before I could say whether I would take one or not. I just don't like mustangs. The only Ford that I would own would be the new Ford Raptor.

Old 08-11-2010 | 01:29 PM
NOOB
January 2012 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Technical User

Its sad that it took so long for Ford to finally break a 12 with a stock N/A Mustang.... And that still has full interior at the least because I know one of the old school GT-500's broke a 12 but it was a full track monster....

I think the practicality of the V6 Mustang (fuel economy and weight), surpass the 5.0 in every aspect which is sad. But hey, in the world of Ford, its F***** up like that! Just like saying the N/A Cobalts surpassing the force induced models. Just would make me mad and all.

Good race though dude. Yeah the 5.0 would have more power than you up top but that doesn't mean that you are slow. It comes to where you make power and how efficient they are at that range. I bet your Camaro does so good off the line due to the raw V8 torque??

Old 08-11-2010 | 01:36 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by SprSSBalt
Its sad that it took so long for Ford to finally break a 12 with a stock N/A Mustang.... And that still has full interior at the least because I know one of the old school GT-500's broke a 12 but it was a full track monster....

I think the practicality of the V6 Mustang (fuel economy and weight), surpass the 5.0 in every aspect which is sad. But hey, in the world of Ford, its F***** up like that! Just like saying the N/A Cobalts surpassing the force induced models. Just would make me mad and all.

Good race though dude. Yeah the 5.0 would have more power than you up top but that doesn't mean that you are slow. It comes to where you make power and how efficient they are at that range. I bet your Camaro does so good off the line due to the raw V8 torque??
It does really good off of the line now that I have better tires and now that I have practiced my clutch control for launching. I really would like to do a 1/4 run against that 5.0! I think it would be a good race! The only thing I have done to my Z is exhaust and that was all he had done to the 5.0!

Old 08-11-2010 | 02:58 PM
NOOB
January 2012 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Technical User

^^

I think that it would too. Unless you are stock, then you will not be able to mess with the 5.0. My SS is basically a drivers race against yours and I have a hard time with the GT gens before the 5.0s. Good luck though....

I believe, according to the reviews and tests done by Motor Trend, the 5.0 pulled a 12.7s quarter mile. So the an '02 SS would be a drivers race.

Quick Reply: Post your kill list