VS Cars going head to head!

oldschool vs. newschool?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 11:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default oldschool vs. newschool?

Heres the deal, I have a straight '83 camaro 5 speed V8 305 with about the only thing done to it is a corvette transmission and rear end. The rest is pretty much stock. This kid at school was braggin about how sweet his new camaro was, its a 96 or 97 i think? and its a V6. I got a quick glance of it today and it didn't look all that sweet to me...it was black and had primer on the hood and sounded really bad like he cut the exhaust off or something. Do I stand a good chance? Im sure his car is a lot lighter than mine, and I bet his motor isnt as wornout as mine....i just dont know....any help? Thanks!

Old 08-23-2006, 11:35 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: oldschool vs. newschool?

the 3.8L camaro's are no hoe, but are nothing to brag about, but with what you have, and you presumably are a decent driver, you should take him, what year tranny and rear are you talking about on your car? and is the newer camaro a stick or an auto?

if the hoods only in primer and he didnt spend the extra 200 to paint it, and he just cut off the muffler or something, i doubt he has any mods, or much experience. i would say just smoke his *** (sefely of course) and then youll have bragging rights!

Old 08-23-2006, 11:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Im not sure on the year of the trans and rear end but I think its late 80's...and the newer one is an automatic...

Old 08-30-2006, 01:11 AM
In the Staging Lanes

shouldnt have a problem...go smoke him