VS Cars going head to head!

New GTO vs ME, WOOHOO GO ME

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 12:12 AM
Default New GTO vs ME, WOOHOO GO ME

So I'm scootin down Gunn Highway with my buddy in my 02 SS Auto in Tampa havin a good ole time. We get into the turning lane onto Dale Mabry when theres a yellow GTO sittin next to us. My buddies like "race em". And I say, "with ur fat *** in here ill definitly loose". Anyways. We take the turn and we both punch it as soon as we straightin out, so it was about a 20 mph roll. Im ahead by a car and a half and then we slow quickly for another light. There are some cars ahead of us so he rolls his window down to talk some smack. He says he wasnt ready, but at the next light his 400 horses are gonna eat my "250 horses". So I defend my fair lady and as fate has it we are side by side at the next light. So now im wondering what the outcome will be because i have never seen a gto perform and have no idea how fast it is. The light turns and my front bumper is at his door. Everytime he shifted i gained several inches. Once we hit 90 i was about a foot behind his front bumper and i shut down due to the city streets and cops. We pull to the next light were he tells me "Holy ****e That thing is fast, I didnt think u would keep up" and then says, " i let u catch up before i hit it though." And my response was, "when did i have to catch up." Anyways my buddy gave me new found respect also, he said he didnt know it was that fast either, I felt like smacking him at that point. I was proud of my girl tonight, she did me well. Anyone know some stats on the GTO.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:30 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: New GTO vs ME, WOOHOO GO ME

haha that is awesome man. nice job

Old 10-30-2006, 01:48 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New GTO vs ME, WOOHOO GO ME

Hey bro so you live in Tampa? if so, where about in Tampa? I live in Tampa.....around the Temple Terrace area. I have a '97 5 spd. I was hopin maybe you can give me some pointers for my car. Thanks.

That guy thought you only had 250 horses?! he's sadly mistaken.