VS Cars going head to head!

I dont know where this goes!!! but a wrx vs. z28 vs. 05+ stang gt!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 04:13 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: I dont know where this goes!!! but a wrx vs. z28 vs. 05+ stang gt!

a 3.8 will do a 15.7? and a lt1 a 14.8 if lucky? at (800 ft elevation)

i have both and my lt1 will put the 3.8 to shame. i think its a little faster then a 14.8................

Old 08-28-2007, 04:24 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: o2camaross

93-02 are all fourth gens. 93-97 had different fronts like you said and the had the LT1. 98-02's have the LS1. Definetly if you have the money you want the LS1. A bone stock LS1 will run 13.6-14.0 depending on the driver and track altitude and all the stuff. A bone stock LT1 might run a 14.8 if you're lucky. Go with the LS1, and if you can get an 01-02 bc they have the LS6 intake manifold. Its not hard to get an LS1 into the 12's.
dude, an ls1 runs 13.25 all day if you actually knew how to drive, and a lt will run 13.6-14, not 14.8

Old 08-28-2007, 06:47 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Stock LS1 with good ruber and a good driver can run low 13s with no problem. I have seen as low as 13.2s on a stock TA

Old 08-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Ninja Administrator

93-02 are all fourth gens. 93-97 had different fronts like you said and the had the LT1. 98-02's have the LS1. Definetly if you have the money you want the LS1. A bone stock LS1 will run 13.6-14.0 depending on the driver and track altitude and all the stuff. A bone stock LT1 might run a 14.8 if you're lucky. Go with the LS1, and if you can get an 01-02 bc they have the LS6 intake manifold. Its not hard to get an LS1 into the 12's.
oh good lawd!

14.0? not even on everest! jeebus.... thats the 99 Stang GT range, and 13.6 is the 05+ stang. a bone stock ls1 will run 13.3 if u know what ur doing and into the high 12s if you can reaaaaly drive. an lt1 will run 13.8-14.0 stock with a fairly good driver. Where are u? are u in high altitude, because those numbers are just way off

Old 08-28-2007, 06:58 PM

I live in South Florida so all flats around here. i was kind of mad about that when i long boarded because no hills=no fun really. So what i get from you guys so far is dont be afraid to get a LT1, if i cant find a well taken care of/my price range, but if all falls down into the spaces then go with the LS1?
ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

oh good lawd!

14.0? not even on everest! jeebus.... thats the 99 Stang GT range, and 13.6 is the 05+ stang. a bone stock ls1 will run 13.3 if u know what ur doing and into the high 12s if you can reaaaaly drive. an lt1 will run 13.8-14.0 stock with a fairly good driver. Where are u? are u in high altitude, because those numbers are just way off

Old 08-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Ninja Administrator

ur looking at an 05+ GT, so with the money you are talking you will be happier with an ls1. BEST case you are still looking at a 6 year old car going that route. also, IMO the ls1 is a better platform if you have the money. the 05 stangs are good cars too.

stang pros
[ul][*]strong rear end[*]good gearing[*]3-link rear suspension (their 1/4 mile times come from great launches more than power)[*]good modability (the 3v is a really good motor for its small size, it mods almost as well as an ls1, where just cai and tune give them 300rwhp which is ls1 territory, full bolton and cams and they can be in the 360hp range, which can be pretty mean with that suspension setup)[*]personally, i like the styling and the interiors are really nice[/ul]
Stang cons
[ul][*]do not mod as well as ls1[*]tranny weaker than the t56 in ls1, and tend to have problems after 450 hp[*]motor cant withstand more than about 450 hp reliably (seen alot of guys grenade them on boost over at MF[:@])[/ul]
LS1 Pros
[ul][*]great modability, mods almost like a turbo car. seen guys gain 35hp on a set of long tubes. lid, LT's and a big cam are well known to produce over 400rwhp. "Cam Only" cars are well known for hitting 10's[*]great styling (especially the trans am )[*]nearly indestructible tranny, stock tranny can go well into the 10s on the 6speed without problem[*]stout motor - i cant remember exactly but the stock motor can support a hell of a lot of power for being a stocker.[/ul]
LS1 cons
[ul][*]weak rear end - the stock 10bolt sucks and guys have broken them under stock power. personally I have sprayed a 100 shot on mine out of the hole and its been fine, but if you arent careful and dont take care of it it WILL go byebye. the only way to solve this is to spend 2k on a replacement 12bolt or 9inch rear end. Also, automatics are easier on the rear, but whats the fun in that?[*]OLDER! like i said its 6yo at the best, 10 at worst, and these cars can start to creak a little[*]you will make friends with people wearing mullets - this is never a good thing[/ul]
there u go, ur comparison

Old 08-28-2007, 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

ur looking at an 05+ GT, so with the money you are talking you will be happier with an ls1. BEST case you are still looking at a 6 year old car going that route. also, IMO the ls1 is a better platform if you have the money. the 05 stangs are good cars too.

stang pros [ul][*]strong rear end[*]good gearing[*]3-link rear suspension (their 1/4 mile times come from great launches more than power)[*]good modability (the 3v is a really good motor for its small size, it mods almost as well as an ls1, where just cai and tune give them 300rwhp which is ls1 territory, full bolton and cams and they can be in the 360hp range, which can be pretty mean with that suspension setup)[*]personally, i like the styling and the interiors are really nice[/ul]
Stang cons [ul][*]do not mod as well as ls1[*]tranny weaker than the t56 in ls1, and tend to have problems after 450 hp[*]motor cant withstand more than about 450 hp reliably (seen alot of guys grenade them on boost over at MF[:@])[/ul]
LS1 Pros [ul][*]great modability, mods almost like a turbo car. seen guys gain 35hp on a set of long tubes. lid, LT's and a big cam are well known to produce over 400rwhp. "Cam Only" cars are well known for hitting 10's[*]great styling (especially the trans am )[*]nearly indestructible tranny, stock tranny can go well into the 10s on the 6speed without problem[*]stout motor - i cant remember exactly but the stock motor can support a hell of a lot of power for being a stocker.[/ul]
LS1 cons [ul][*]weak rear end - the stock 10bolt sucks and guys have broken them under stock power. personally I have sprayed a 100 shot on mine out of the hole and its been fine, but if you arent careful and dont take care of it it WILL go byebye. the only way to solve this is to spend 2k on a replacement 12bolt or 9inch rear end. Also, automatics are easier on the rear, but whats the fun in that?[*]OLDER! like i said its 6yo at the best, 10 at worst, and these cars can start to creak a little[*]you will make friends with people wearing mullets - this is never a good thing[/ul]
there u go, ur comparison
Huh, thanks for that! lol so like this i was looking at, but the miles must be killer, but they are probably almost all highway since its a retired cop car? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...QQcmdZViewItem
Or somthing like this: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...&cardist=9

Old 08-28-2007, 08:34 PM
ROTM Winner's Club

The LS1 is a great engine and can take a hell of a lot. Mine just turned 95,000 never had the valve covers or trany out of the car, Still stock rear end a few bolt ons and a 125 shot. The car has been to the drag strip many times over. And has seen a few auto cross's and never had a isue. The Fbody is a great car strong and way ahead of its time. Hell its still kicking the new generation on mustang around and its a 10 year old platform. That says alot in my book.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:47 PM

any body on those 2 cars have any opinions?

Old 08-29-2007, 05:26 PM
ROTM Winner's Club

I had my friends GT for 3 weeks put 1300 on it and loved it. Good car strong and fun to drive. But i would take my TA any day.Both are good cars the mustang is a little slower in the 1/4 and the LS1 will kill it at high speeds but the stang does out break the Fbody and isnt as stiff to me any way. I can say i am happy with the TA and would take it over the stang but thats just me.

Quick Reply: I dont know where this goes!!! but a wrx vs. z28 vs. 05+ stang gt!