VS Cars going head to head!

chevy cobalt?? UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 04:51 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: chevy cobalt??

ill deff let you guys know how it turns out.. hopefully ill get a video of it..

Old 01-19-2008, 04:52 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

ooookay ive answered this soooo many times but one more

my best friend has a 2006 cobalt SS supercharged which is now at Stage 2 Sc however back when it was at stage one 205 horse and under 200 torque still yenko makes the point that it is lighter we raced many many times and i will tell you that a stock cobalt SS sc will take a 3.8 9/10 times if hes saying hes beat Z28s unless his stage 2 or better hes dreaming but if he is SS sc then your only chance(this is the way i beat my buddy) is have a fairly short race get a great launch you should be able to pull him off the line reguardless however youll need a big one to beat him once hes in the high rpms of 2nd hes going to be running you down then i low third you should start to pull again slowly as third winds up hes gonna catch youjust have to hope you run out of room before he does now on a high way you have very little chance

Old 01-19-2008, 09:11 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigNic

ooookay ive answered this soooo many times but one more

my best friend has a 2006 cobalt SS supercharged which is now at Stage 2 Sc. however back when it was at stage one, 205 horse and under 200 torque. still yenko makes the point that it is lighter we raced many many times and i will tell you that a stock cobalt SS sc will take a 3.8 9/10 times. if hes saying hes beat Z28s, unless his stage 2 or better, hes dreaming. but if he is SS sc then your only chance(this is the way i beat my buddy) is have a fairly short race get a great launch, you should be able to pull him off the line reguardless however youll need a big one to beat him once hes in the high rpms of 2nd. hes going to be running you down. then in low third you should start to pull again, slowly as third winds up hes gonna catch you.just have to hope you run out of room before he does now on a high way you have very little chance.

fixedso everyone can understand[8D]

Old 01-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Ninja Administrator

oh thank god, i thought nick was low 3rd there for a second [&:][8D]

Old 01-20-2008, 10:14 AM
1st Gear Member

This guy with the Cobalt is nuts if he thinks his 2.2 liter 4 door slow *** car can beat anything. If it had been a SS Supercharged (I have one with the lease about to end) then he would be out of your league, but as it is you're out of his league.Just so everyone knows, always race a SS SC from a dig, never a roll! They wheel hop like crazy off the line and in the first to second shift. However, if I can get someone to race me from the sweet spot in my 2nd gear,my SS SC has knocked off Mitsu Evos, Mustang GTs, etc. Even with the race set up perfectly for my Cobalt, though, it can't beat my z28.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:13 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

oh thank god, i thought nick was low 3rd there for a second [&:][8D]
hey!! i put periods in there too. and dont worry specter, i fix it for people like you

Old 01-20-2008, 11:16 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: STIC5

This guy with the Cobalt is nuts if he thinks his 2.2 liter 4 door slow *** car can beat anything. If it had been a SS Supercharged (I have one with the lease about to end) then he would be out of your league, but as it is you're out of his league.Just so everyone knows, always race a SS SC from a dig, never a roll! They wheel hop like crazy off the line and in the first to second shift. However, if I can get someone to race me from the sweet spot in my 2nd gear,my SS SC has knocked off Mitsu Evos, Mustang GTs, etc. Even with the race set up perfectly for my Cobalt, though, it can't beat my z28.
hey[X(]i own a 2.2 ION (same car, lasts longer!) and i've beat, need-i-say, quite a few civics and alot of other 4doors lol.

your right tho, i dont wheel hop, but i spin all though 1st, and then it'll chirp for a good 2seconds going into second. and that really sucks when you have studded tires for winter[8D]

Old 01-20-2008, 02:45 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

thnx yenko and spectar ........[:@]

Old 01-20-2008, 07:31 PM
1st Gear Member

so when are you gonna race him?

Old 01-20-2008, 08:44 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigNic