VS Cars going head to head!

3.8 V6 vs sleeper

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 10:44 AM
1st Gear Member
Default 3.8 V6 vs sleeper

This happened way back in 2001 when I had a '97 V6 Camaro (traded that in on a Cobalt SS, have the z28 now) but its kind of a weird/funny story. So it was about 2am and I was going home from a night out. I was at a stop light and an early 90s Sentra pulled up beside me. I'm not talking an SE-R or anything, this car was super crappy with primer as its main color. The driver revved his car a little and it was kinda loud but I figured that was just because his muffler had fallen off! The light turns green and I floor it... I peel a little bit but I get a nice 1.5 car lead right off the bat. I'm snickering to myself wondering why this guy is a glutton for punishment. Then I hear something shocking.. a very loud wwwhhhhooossSSSHHHHH.. PSSHHHHTT! I'm thinking "Oh $#!t this guy has put a huge turbo in that old piece of junk!" Sure enough, I look in my mirror and he's gaining on me. That's not the only problem, though. We are on a two lane road that merges into a one lane as we're leaving the city, and the merge is right in front of us. As he pulls up even with me, we're running out of road! By this point he may have been inching out in front of me just a little but by no means had he beaten me for sure. I thought about it for a split second and decided that it wasn't worth putting my shiny Camaro at jeaopardy and hit the brakes, letting him fly by just as the passing lane ended.

Moral of the story... you just never know what might be under the other guys hood!

Old 01-20-2008, 11:19 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: 3.8 V6 vs sleeper

lol, theres quite a few guys on a saturn forum that have turbos up the *** on the SL/SCs and some on IONs, but neither of the cars have a tune widely available yet, so they arent tuned

Old 01-20-2008, 12:37 PM
VIP member

Moral of the Story? Don't street race and if you do make sure its in a safe road

Old 01-20-2008, 12:41 PM
4th Gear Member

damn, for being a civic guy, you've really been surprising me.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:42 PM
VIP member

ORIGINAL: ninetysixyenko

damn, for being a civic guy, you've really been surprising me.
ahhaha why is that?

Old 01-20-2008, 02:09 PM
4th Gear Member

just arent a typical civic guy lol. one of the whole points of owning a civic is a sleeper car, and being a sleeper at the track dont make much sense[8D]

Old 01-20-2008, 04:18 PM
VIP member

just arent a typical civic guy lol. one of the whole points of owning a civic is a sleeper car, and being a sleeper at the track dont make much sense[8D]
thats the whole fun bro!!!! some muscle dude is like, "civic, ha i got this in the bag", few seconds later, he is shocked.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:51 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: camaro_burns_all

Moral of the Story? Don't street race and if you do make sure its in a safe road
Golly gee, that's swell advice!

Old 01-20-2008, 08:45 PM
4th Gear Member

thats the whole fun bro!!!! some muscle dude is like, "civic, ha i got this in the bag", few seconds later, he is shocked.
on the street yeah, but at the track, they gotta know something is up if your willing to bring a stock 16sec car to the track lol.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Fancy Sparkle

on the street yeah, but at the track, they gotta know something is up if your willing to bring a stock 16sec car to the track lol.
most of the guys who bring out Civic's to the track know what they are doing, and most muscle guys just dismiss them as being slow

Quick Reply: 3.8 V6 vs sleeper