VS Cars going head to head!

2 kills and some coolness - Tarantino style

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008 | 09:41 PM
|
Ninja Administrator
Default 2 kills and some coolness - Tarantino style

So this is a streetracing story. but you know me, im all for theatrics, buildup, climax, all that good stuff. so im not going to tell you the events as they occured. Im going to "Tarantino this sh**" [/Dane Cook]

So, i havent driven the bird in a couple days. I had the gf's altima and running some errands, basically just pet store to get some food for my snakes. anyhow, i decided i needed a hair cut and that i would drive the bird since ive been seeing everyone else out with their rides.after the haircut (which looks studly btw) i decided i would take a hotlap down the same road from the mustang kill thread from a little bit ago. On the way a guy yells at me from his infinity family car and says he loves the way my car sounds and asks if its fast. we chat at the light for a bit, and he points down the road, not meaning to race, he wants to just see the car. i get into the powerband and punch it, the rear end gets a little squirly but i slingshot past him and hes got a big smile on his face. This was the coolness part of the story

----skip ahead about 45 min -----

So im pulling out of the parking lot after chatting with the guy I had just raced - quite possibly the coolest race ive had so far, mind you - and heading home, adrenaline still pumping. I stop at a light and what do i see? a rusty (and loud!) El Camino rolling to a stop next to me. 2 guys, a little younger than me, sitting in it pointing at my car and grinning like idiots. The driver pulses the gas a little - Green - we take off normally, but both of us hold it in gear. as soon as we hit about 25mph i give it a little more gas and he goes for it. everything that poor little car could muster. what sounded like real mods before im beginning to think was actually just a crappy muffler. I let him go for about a half second thinking hes got me (which im sure he did, my car sounds like its struggling harder at 1/2 throttle than it does at full throttle) then i punch it. i had so much distance between us by the middle of 2nd i just shut down. he pulled off shortly there after. Not a bad way to end a night

------Rewind 40 min --------
I had just finished my little exposition for the guy in the infinity and now im watching the road again. This is where it gets interesting. about 4 cars ahead of me is a blue Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX. Ive seen this car around. I know he isnt stock, but i dont know exactly how "not stock" he is. He sees me too. we both jockey around trying to get next to each other. It really doesnt seem like its going to happen but suddenly the minivan infront of me pulls off to turn and there we are. same exact place as the race I had with the fox last week. open highway in front of us. this time - No stoplight. we slow to about 35-40, which is perfect for me. hes pulsing his exhaust a little and hears me rev up in 1st. we both get ready and I give 4 honks. Suddenly, you can hear nothing except the open exhaust on my car. I pull a quick half to full car lead. WAAAAAA-dadada - dammit! rev limiter, not used to this new redline - shift - he gains about half the distance back but i start to pull again. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-dadadada SONOFA! i needs some mad practice, its pretty sad when i cant even drive right on a roll [>:]- shift- i saw him creep up a little again on the 2-3 shift, but i catch the gear and hold him off again. at the end i was 1-2 cars ahead of him (ie, you could almost fit a full car betw

Old 04-29-2008 | 10:45 PM
|
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: 2 kills and some coolness - Tarantino style

yeah, i didnt think it was interesting either [&o]

Old 04-29-2008 | 10:54 PM
Fancy Sparkle

[quote]ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

So this is a streetracing story. but you know me, im all for theatrics, buildup, climax, all that good stuff. so im not going to tell you the events as they occured. Im going to "Tarantino this sh**" [/Dane Cook]

So, i havent driven the bird in a couple days. I had the gf's altima and running some errands, basically just pet store to get some food for my snakes. anyhow, i decided i needed a hair cut and that i would drive the bird since ive been seeing everyone else out with their rides.after the haircut (which looks studly btw) i decided i would take a hotlap down the same road from the mustang kill thread from a little bit ago. On the way a guy yells at me from his infinity family car and says he loves the way my car sounds and asks if its fast. we chat at the light for a bit, and he points down the road, not meaning to race, he wants to just see the car. i get into the powerband and punch it, the rear end gets a little squirly but i slingshot past him and hes got a big smile on his face. This was the coolness part of the story

----skip ahead about 45 min -----

So im pulling out of the parking lot after chatting with the guy I had just raced - quite possibly the coolest race ive had so far, mind you - and heading home, adrenaline still pumping. I stop at a light and what do i see? a rusty (and loud!) El Camino rolling to a stop next to me. 2 guys, a little younger than me, sitting in it pointing at my car and grinning like idiots. The driver pulses the gas a little - Green - we take off normally, but both of us hold it in gear. as soon as we hit about 25mph i give it a little more gas and he goes for it. everything that poor little car could muster. what sounded like real mods before im beginning to think was actually just a crappy muffler. I let him go for about a half second thinking hes got me (which im sure he did, my car sounds like its struggling harder at 1/2 throttle than it does at full throttle) then i punch it. i had so much distance between us by the middle of 2nd i just shut down. he pulled off shortly there after. Not a bad way to end a night

------Rewind 40 min --------
I had just finished my little exposition for the guy in the infinity and now im watching the road again. This is where it gets interesting. about 4 cars ahead of me is a blue Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX. Ive seen this car around. I know he isnt stock, but i dont know exactly how "not stock" he is. He sees me too. we both jockey around trying to get next to each other. It really doesnt seem like its going to happen but suddenly the minivan infront of me pulls off to turn and there we are. same exact place as the race I had with the fox last week. open highway in front of us. this time - No stoplight. we slow to about 35-40, which is perfect for me. hes pulsing his exhaust a little and hears me rev up in 1st. we both get ready and I give 4 honks. Suddenly, you can hear nothing except the open exhaust on my car. I pull a quick half to full car lead. WAAAAAA-dadada - dammit! rev limiter, not used to this new redline - shift - he gains about half the distance back but i start to pull again. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-dadadada SONOFA! i needs some mad practice, its pretty sad when i cant even drive right on a roll [>:]- shift- i saw him creep up a little again on the 2-3 shift, but i catch the gear and hold him off again. at the end i was 1-2 cars ahead of him (ie, you could almost fit a f

Old 04-29-2008 | 11:00 PM
|
Ninja Administrator

sweet, then theres no way 1st gear was going to help him out. I can hit almost 60 in 1st now, and right at 80 in 2nd with the new redline. hoping to change that with some gears this summer some time though.......

Old 04-29-2008 | 11:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Goodwork Spec, when you gonna post up your new dyno numbers?

Old 04-29-2008 | 11:19 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

awsome night spect you should come to the track that just a mear two states away so you can like lern to shift was probly much mor impressive than my lancer kill

Old 04-29-2008 | 11:22 PM
|
Ninja Administrator

dyno numbers should be up within a month. and hopefully i get the spray working by then too

Old 04-30-2008 | 01:23 AM
2nd Gear member

I enjoy reading your kills, good writing spec....keep up the good work on the beast

Old 04-30-2008 | 01:48 AM
2nd Gear member

I dont like you lording your modded Trans am over my base model Firebird......I like the part with the guy in the Infinity, a guy in a minivan asked me to rev my Z at a stoplight once.... and what work do you have left other than the fuel pump and gears? new heads maybe?

Old 04-30-2008 | 01:54 AM
|
Ninja Administrator

heads are next year. i already have an inside line saying i can get some ported ls6 heads for about 600 bucks. ill just swap over the valvetrain from my current heads. id prefer 5.3L heads tho sicne im a nitrous car. added compression FTMFW

Quick Reply: 2 kills and some coolness - Tarantino style