Nominations for July 2010 ROTM - 2nd Gen

Old 07-01-2010, 02:02 AM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Default Nominations for July 2010 ROTM - 2nd Gen

Read over the rules as some have changed a little and some have been added.

Nominate your favorite 2nd gen for July 2010 ROTM, now blow it up yaw!

Nominations are open for the July 2010 ROTM. We are going to run this until July 15th at midnight central time, unless we need more time for more nom's. Then we start the fun part, the voting and campaigning for your favorite ride and CF personality.

Remember the rules before you nom and accept.

If there are not enough active members nom'd and accepted, we will allow for non-current members to be nom'd, but if you nom them then it is your responsibility to let them know so they can accept if nom'd twice.

The first order of business is to set up some hard fast rules. I will be monitoring the nominations threads very closely to avoid any confusion upon voting.

Eligibility

To be eligible a member must have a photo album. This is to ensure pictures end up in the voting thread, so that the casual user can know who he is voting for. Anyone being nominated must also be an active member. This means he or she must have had at least 5 posts in the previous month. No one car can win ROTM twice in the same year regardless of category, but, if you happen to have more than one car, you can win once with each car. Also, a member cannot win the same ROTM category twice in a row with the same car. This means that bi-annual categories can be won a maximum of once per year by a single car, and that annual categories can be won a max of once every other year by the same car.

Nominations
  • Timmy nominates camarobob for ROTM
  • Jimmy 2nd's the nomination for camarobob
  • camarobob sees that he has been nominated twice and accepts his nomination thus ensuring his spot on the ballot.

In any given month, each user will have 2 nominations. You can give only a single first nomination and you have the ability to second someone else's first nomination, you cannot second your own first nomination. You cannot nominate yourself. Both of your nominations can be used to second previous nominations.

Nominations will take place during the first two weeks of the ROTM month. (i.e., if we are doing March ROTM, nominations will start on March 1st and run for 2 weeks).

Because we are a relatively small community right now the rules may be fudged somewhat in the interest of filling the ballot. However, if nominee #6 fulfills more of the requirements than nominee #3 (if for instance #3 did not accept his nomination) then #6 will win the ballot slot. If you are nominated without all of the requirements and decide to make the necessary updates be sure to PM me (or the moderator overseeing the current ROTM nominations thread) that the updates have been done. This way, if the entry comes down to a time stamp, we will be able to make a fair call as to who gets into the competition.

Once Nom'ed
Most of the time nominations will not take up the entire two weeks. Once a member is nominated it is his or her responsibility to PM me (or whoever is looking after ROTM at the time) with a URL to the picture they want used during voting (max 800x800 pix), and the URL of his or her photo gallery, as well as (optional) a brief description of the car to appear below the picture. The message can include mods, times, resto, or originality information. Do not waste your time making a long message because there are size constrictions and an overly long message will be reduced in size until it is illegible anyways. Up to three lines/sentences are allowed for the description.

Voting
A new thread will be created for voting for ROTM, it will include a Poll in order to vote with. The CF members will vote for who they like the best, be it either personality, looks of the car, or whatever persuades them to vote the way they do. The voting thread will be named similar to the nominations thread, i.e. "Vote for "Month" ROTM - "Gen". As a nominee in running for ROTM, feel free to post additional pictures, modifications, a story of how you conceived your second child in the car, or whatever you would like in order to sway voters your way. But do not hog/clog up the thread or post will be deleted. If you are going to add additional material it is suggested that you add it all in one post. Voting will run from the time the voting thread is created until the last day of the month at midnight central time. At that time the nominee with the most votes will be declared the ROTM winner by a CF moderator.

Last edited by greenarrow; 07-01-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

I'm gonna go ahead and nominate a very beautiful Z28 I saw in the "post your pics" Thread in the 2nd gen forum (Which is now a sticky)

drswitala

Name:  100_0613.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  129.8 KB

Old 07-01-2010, 02:42 PM
1st Gear Member

oooooo!!!! I second!!!

Old 07-01-2010, 11:50 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

i nominate kyphur

Old 07-02-2010, 01:11 AM
3rd Gear Member

i'll second kyph

Old 07-03-2010, 10:00 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Can I nominate Jason7504? His 81 Z/28 clone is awesome.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:01 PM
3rd Gear Member

thanks defigart

and I nom pablo63. he's got a badass 2nd gen

Old 07-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

I'll 2nd pablo63. Love his big block 2nd gen!

Old 07-06-2010, 08:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I nominate 79CamaroZkid28

Attached Thumbnails Nominations for July 2010 ROTM - 2nd Gen-camarocloseup.jpg  
Old 07-07-2010, 02:42 PM
July 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I'll Nominate Val (1971BB427) and his bad a$$ ride

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nominations for July 2010 ROTM - 2nd Gen