Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   ROTM 2010 (https://camaroforums.com/forum/rotm-2010-83/)
-   -   January 2010 ROTM Winner - Camaro 69 (https://camaroforums.com/forum/rotm-2010-83/january-2010-rotm-winner-camaro-69-a-48438/)

Camaro 69 02-02-2010 12:29 AM

January 2010 ROTM Winner - Camaro 69

3 Attachment(s)
First of all, I thank all of you who nominated and voted for my Camaro. It’s been a challenging ROTM road in the past, always with some good competition.
Although some guys may not like the old school hot-rod look, that type of thing always has been and probably always will work for me. Don’t get me wrong, I do appreciate and enjoy a pure stock original car just as much. Some may think that I’m going through a mid-life crisis, but the fact is I never grew up.
My 69 is a bare-bones, no power steering or brakes car. It’s an older restore, and paint is far from perfect, but it still catches a few eyes! Since it’s a fair weather car, I never got around to putting my hood back on. Plus I just hate the idea of covering up the engine, and I like being able to keep an eye on it while I drive!
Future plans include installing my nice racing seats that have been sitting in the garage for the last three years (this summer, really), repaint the car, re-do the rest of the interior, update the front suspension/bushings, possibly changeover to rack & pinion steering, change the rear suspension (still haven’t decided between a 4-link style, ladder bars with a floating rear, or maybe coil-overs). Someday I anticipate bringing the carbs back closer to the earth too. Maybe go with a dual quad cross-ram setup, and then putting a hood on it. I know, the cross-ram isn’t supposed to be very street friendly, but then neither is the tunnel ram! We’ll see how that goes.

So, here’s the meat & potatoes:
Engine: 4-bolt main Chevy small block, bored .030, decked .020. Clearanced for the 400 crank. Rod journals offset-ground increasing stroke to 3.85 and c.i. to 393. Ross lightweight forged flat top pistons, moly rings. GM small journal rods, beams polished then shot-peened. Hydraulic cam, .500 lift, 240° @.050. Entire rotating assembly balanced. Weiand tunnel ram, dual Holley 450’s, bird-catcher scoop. Double roller timing chain. March serpentine pulleys. The engine reaches an easy 6k rpm’s, and gets there fairly quickly.
Heads: GM open chamber heads, 2.02 intake, 1.60 exhaust, hi-perf valve job, port work, bowls blended, screw in studs, guide plates, dual valve springs (120 lbs. on seat), hardened push rods, Erson roller rockers (1.5 ratio).
Ignition: MSD Pro-Billet distributor. MSD 6AL ignition with adjustable rev limiter.
Transmission: Built up T350 automatic with full-manual valve body.
Rearend: Ford 9”, 4:10 gears, Moser limited slip, Moser axles, disc brakes.
Exhaust: Flowtech “Afterburner” ceramic headers, chambered mufflers, 3” exhaust exiting out the back.
Interior: Pretty much stock, Cheetah Shifter (I really like the way this shifter works), Auto Meter liquid filled gauges, column mounted tach w/rev light. No radio, but I wouldn’t be able to hear it if I had one anyway.
Misc: Welded-in subframe connectors with integrated leaf spring mounts, traction bars. Howe aluminum radiator, electric fan. Battery relocated to the trunk.

Attachment 36483
Attachment 36484
Attachment 36485

greenarrow 02-02-2010 02:45 AM

Congrats man, very nice MUSCLE camaro!

orocker 02-02-2010 04:42 AM

Congrats! Love that matching steering wheel. You deserve the win. She is one beautiful 1st gen.

Gorn 02-02-2010 04:53 AM

Nice car and a well deserved win.

craby 02-02-2010 07:13 AM

its aout time huh. so now your in the running for 2010 roty. better start campaining... lol. great car and build. congrats.

kyphur 02-02-2010 10:49 PM

Congrats! Been busy on my end with work so I missed the voting. :(

You deserve it man.

GMDCAMARO 02-03-2010 07:19 PM

Congratulations mate!

She's a beut!

Camaro 69 02-05-2010 09:53 AM

Thanks everybody!
Hey Mr. Green, when do I get the nifty ROTM tag-line under my name? I already received my steak and lobster dinner, my crown, and the application form for winning the Nobel Peace Prize (I'm feelin pretty lucky about that one, although anybody can win it). Even with all that, thank you very much, the tag-line would really be the finishing touch! Could you look into that toot-sweet....or at least toot? Thanks.

greenarrow 02-05-2010 11:37 AM

I'll get on that, have to get one of the mods that have that power to hook you up.

bowtieguy 02-06-2010 10:39 AM

Congrats on the win