Nomination April 09 - 4th gen

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 08:45 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I would hope someone would not win just because of a nice paint job and rims. That should not be the only items a person looks at while voting for ROTM in my mind. Anyone can go out and get a paint job and rims, but to me they haven't earned it, they haven't slaved over the car to make it truely theirs.

The past you have had with your car should be as valued as the car itself.

Yeah, I kinda got tweeked there. I was very happy to get nom'd for ROTM becasue after looking at the past ones, you let the nom's tell their story. I don't want to be seen as a person who just bought a car and painted it and put rims on it. My car is by no means a show car and will never be. It is mine and what other people think of it really doesn't matter. It is nice to have people give compliments about your car, but that's not why I do what I do with my car.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:48 PM
BackseatBob

NO! ALIH! you've got to accept! I will not vote in ROTM this month if you aren't in it!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:15 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Saint_Ali
Thanks guys, i appreciate your love here,but i do not accept.Maybe when the next 4th gen ROTM comes around ill be ready.This is more about appearance than the work someone has put into their car.Im not ashamed to have a primered camaro,but i dont see my car winning against cars with nice paint jobs and chrome rims.
I disagree, accept, or I will find you, and put potatoes in your tail pipes.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:57 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by greenarrow
I would hope someone would not win just because of a nice paint job and rims. That should not be the only items a person looks at while voting for ROTM in my mind. Anyone can go out and get a paint job and rims, but to me they haven't earned it, they haven't slaved over the car to make it truely theirs.

The past you have had with your car should be as valued as the car itself.

Yeah, I kinda got tweeked there. I was very happy to get nom'd for ROTM becasue after looking at the past ones, you let the nom's tell their story. I don't want to be seen as a person who just bought a car and painted it and put rims on it. My car is by no means a show car and will never be. It is mine and what other people think of it really doesn't matter. It is nice to have people give compliments about your car, but that's not why I do what I do with my car.
see when i see a camaro with anything other then a nice set of wheels i think its ugly as hell.

Last edited by bluovlh8er; 03-18-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:05 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

can i nominate z28rob even though his car is in pieces? that's going to be a sick ride...i also want to nominate slvr...very clean car and he does it right. and thanks for the nom slvr!

Old 03-18-2009, 03:19 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

But you can tell if it's a work in progress and that's something a person should be praised for now days. A car that has taken years to build up is worth more than going out and buying a car and putting rims and paint on it. It's taken me 11 years to get my car to where it is now. Granted most of my mods have come in the last 5-6 years. It's been my car, my daily driver for 11 years and I have put so much blood into it. Anyone that's done that for their car, deserves respect.

Last edited by greenarrow; 03-18-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:29 PM
2nd Gear member

thats so true..

but, what if you take a car that sombody built, and you tear it down and repaint it, change the interior, and new wheels and sound system..is that still considered there car?

Old 03-18-2009, 05:56 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

um...no.... It would be your car then becasue it's how you wanted it and you put the time and effort into it. And besides, you bought the car, so it's not theirs anymore.

If you kept it the same as it was, it would still be your car, but in my mind you shouldn't get props for it because you bought it that way.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:15 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

i agree with you green arrow

Old 03-18-2009, 06:50 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

as you should hammer, and you owe me for the other thread, you'll know which one.

Quick Reply: Nomination April 09 - 4th gen