Northwest WA, OR, AK

Camaro owners in oregon?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 01:49 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Camaro owners in oregon?

If I supercharged it, and went with the larger crank and new connecting rods with stock bore sizes, I'd still have to replace the pistons. The piston design on the LS1 is a flat head, and they're more susceptible to detonation. Piston heads with relief are rather necessary.

I just figure I'll keep beefing the engine up, and, if time and money provide down the road, there'll be a blower attached to my car at some point.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:57 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Well, found a stroker kit that includes crank, pistons, rings, connecting rods. It's also $3.5k >.<

However, I imagine that it's less expensive than boring and sleeving. I just might have to go this route.

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...b855842ad0f34e

Old 05-26-2008, 02:03 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

yeah, it will be less expensive. say hello to more torque, that's for sure. That's a benifit with a stroker, more torque. That's a nice price. The differance in cost will be shop hours. It takes longer bore and sleeve and engine than it does to stroke one. If I was going to do that, I would do it myself and save even more money. That's gonna be a heck of a car when you get done.

Old 05-26-2008, 03:36 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Indeed.

My other option is to purchase a crate motor from SLP. I'm thinking of going this route, because with what all I want to do, it would be more economical to buy the crate motor than to purchase parts separately and having them installed.

I'd gladly refinance my current loan to be able to do that! All I'd need to do is get a larger throttle body, fuel pump and fuel rails. Plus labor on a motor swap is infinitely cheaper!

Old 05-26-2008, 03:54 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

have you looked at summit racing? They have some nice 383 crate motors too, I wanted to buy one for my jeep when I had it.

Old 05-26-2008, 04:00 PM
In the Staging Lanes

SLP has a LS2 402 motor with trimmings for just under $8k. The only things I would need to purchase outside of that are larger fuel rails, fuel pump, and underdrive pulley.

Old 05-26-2008, 04:33 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

wow, that's a chunk of money. What rear end do you have right now?

Old 05-27-2008, 04:01 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

well, I'm gonna start a new thread for a NWFB meet in the west section. The june 14 cruise to seaside sounds fun. It would be a nice first meet N othing complicated, just drive a scenic road to seaside, hang out at the car show, come back.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:32 PM
2nd Gear member

toasted what kind of power does that SLP motor have.

dang i spent over 4 hours helping my budy put full exhuast on his 89 5.0 mustang it was a pain in the freaking *** it just didnt want to go together. after it was all doneand together it was still quiet,he gotsummit headers.magneflow
cat back,and a bassine xpipe,under drive pullys,MSD coil. and its probilly still not as fast as the sixer.

i tried to get him to get a camaro but cause hes uncel and cousin have mustangs(some badass cars both run high 11's)i just couldnt perswade him my way,and it prob after prob with his car like now his posi went out now its just like my car a one tire fryer.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:08 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

lol, sounds like my car. When I wa drag racing, I'd smoke one tire during my launch. That hurt my times. 73, how do we drag you out here for the possible cruise on june 14?

oh, how's this poster? there's a few f bodz at school, and I want to put something under their wipers.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12538/BE9FA37121B949CAAEF8B24D871219E4.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Camaro owners in oregon?