Northwest WA, OR, AK

Camaro owners in oregon?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 10:11 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Camaro owners in oregon?

A mustangWHAT no wayi would stay in the GM family.

ya i still get ideas of what i want to do to the 73 there is just so many ways i can go, been thinking about what i can do to it sense i was like8, its just going to cost like 30 grand + to get it the way i want.

why dont you just get a LS1 from your uncles junk yard and drop that into the sixer.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:31 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

lol, I could, but it ain't that easy. I would need all the wiring, computer, a new tranny to fit the new v8, motor mounts, etc. I've been debating selling the v6, and buying my favorite body style camaro, a 3rd gen with a 350 transplanted into it, but I need to save some cash on gas right now.

Got my stripes today, they aren't on yet because I'm a wimp. I'm worried about messing it all up. Gonna grab some masking tape tommorow, and then dig into it. I'm ordering corner and bumper lenses tonight, they have clear lenses, but have black housings. This thing is going to look sick.

I learned why this thing was rated poorly for traction in wet conditions. lol, had some fun in the rain yesterday, did a brake stand, had some smoke rolling off the tires My first camaro burnout, in the rain!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:50 PM
2nd Gear member

ya it rained here to trying to save gas so i didnt have any fun

thrid gens are nice but are kinda heavy, but the irocs look badass.

i remember my first camaro burnout, it actualy scared me cause it was throwing hella smoke and just keepet going and going with out even power breaking freaking awsome my car has torque out the ***.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:36 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

lol, I've done burnouts before, but that was back when I had the corolla. lol, it was fun to rev it up to 7 grand, dump the clutch, and pull on the emergency brake for dear life. it would sit there all day, some people call em smoke machines. When I was playing with the camaro in the rain, I got to pretend I had a fast car, spun the tires through 1st, shifted to 2nd, spun the tires through that, shifted to third, and it started to grab and hop around a little. lol, too much fun. Stripes are going on tommorow, wish me luck.

I thought the third gens are only 100 or so punds heavier than the 4th gens, I dunno. I just know that I wanted a carburetor car, and a car that had an engine elsewhere besides in the dash. The next plug changes will require some bloodshed.

Old 05-15-2008, 01:10 AM
In the Staging Lanes

ya its fun doing a burnout huh music. lol
i do them ALL the time in my camaro. ive drifted and fish tailed it a couple times too. lol.i have way to much fun in my camaro.
thats why i love my camaro allot of times i dont even have to try to burnout.
do you guys have that skip sift feature on the 5 speeds?? im really getting sick of my skip shift. its pissing me off
hey music, would you be able to get me a ls1???

Old 05-15-2008, 07:59 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Possibly, but we would need to pull it. My uncle's yard is a u-pull-it yard. The cars are in the air, and they should help with the pull, so it wouldn't be too bad.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:02 AM
2nd Gear member

ya back when i had my 79 chevy pickup i did burnouts and even drifted it around a few corners.

ya my 73 still has manifolds its the easiest thing i have ever changed plugs on.

joker what do you need a LS1 for.

come to think of it a LS1 would be badass in my 73 hahah lol.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:51 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

lol, I'm curious too.

Hey, if you guys ever wnat to do something stressful, install racing stripes. 4 hours later, and I'm still not done. Man, it sure looks good though. Just have the wing left to do, and I'm gonna call it good. Can't wait for my black corner lights and bumper light to come, this thing is starting to look real good.

Joker, are we still up for meeting saturday to check out the little car show at my school and discuss the club?

Old 05-16-2008, 03:54 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I'm a little late to the party, but if you guys have something going for an Oregon club, I'm down.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:46 AM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to NWFB! (Northwest F-Bodys) You're never to late to join. Where in oregon are you located?

Quick Reply: Camaro owners in oregon?