Northwest WA, OR, AK

Camaro owners in oregon?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 03:50 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Camaro owners in oregon?

joker by any chance did les schwab put your tires on last. cause they torque wheel lug nut down to like 200ftlbs and the first time they warm up they warp like no other. they did it to my dads old 87 pickup he made them replace both rotors for free.

music ya i look around and that was the cheapest i could find shoot there was one place tha said it would cost $130 to for the same thing as the other shops.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:36 PM
In the Staging Lanes

that could work music. im pretty sure im not doinf anything.
i bought the car with brand new tires on it and the owner before me bought them at americas tire co.
that suck. so i take it les schwab does that allot. lol

Old 05-12-2008, 07:01 PM
2nd Gear member

well a lot of companys do that its a safety thing see if your tire falls off you cansue them if your rotors warp they cant get introuble, if you crash its twice as bad. thats why after you have them work on your car you losen up the lug nuts and torque them down to 100ftlbs which i beleave is what your car calls for. warped rotors suck but camaros like yours have really good breaks, but if you have ever drove a old *** car like my 73 the breaks suck butt,every time i get in the 98 i stop really hard cause im use to having to push the peadle to the floor to stop.
are you doing it your selforis a shop doing it for you.

steve your in a jazz band.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:53 PM
In the Staging Lanes

hhmmm didnt know that. thanks for the bit of info. ill be doing it myself. ive done brakes before.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:08 PM
2nd Gear member

ya a lot of people dont, thats why they end up paying a few hundred dollars on brakes when it could have been avoided. if only they new right.

its all ways better doing it your self you get the satisfaction of a good job done right lol.

just dont make the mistake i made dont buy high performance brake pads they squeak and they put that nasty brake dust every were and it takes twice as long to clean your rims, and inless your racing your car alot there not really necseiasry there just a pain in the ***. but i'm sure you already new that. lol

Old 05-12-2008, 08:10 PM
2nd Gear member

hey have either of you had any trouble with the coils on your car. cause i'am with my 98

Old 05-12-2008, 08:21 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

no coil problems here. Check out a wrecking yard if you need them, much cheaper.

lol, yeah, I'm a band geek. Hence the name musicman.... I had my own jazz band for a while. But we haven't done a gig in months. This is Swingset Jazz, this was the group I put together. This is the only recording I have, we played better stuff. Got a couple offers from recording companies to make a demo disk, but we never got around to it.

I've never heard of warping brakes from tightening the wheels down too much. That's interesting. I'll have to keep that in mind. I always buy the cheaper pads, as I don't use the brakes very often in a 5spd, vs an automatic where you live on brakes. My bonneville warped rotors so often that it was funny.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:45 PM
2nd Gear member

jazz band huh thats freaking cool, whish i had musical talent lol, but i was only ever good at football i guess being 6'2 and weighing 280lbs helped with that lol.

ya the 98 has a stutter problem replaced the coils and the part thr coils sit on cant remeber what its called, but the stutter is still there but only in the lower RPMS.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:52 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

ha, that's funny, I'm 6' 2" also. lol, I forgot to post my youtube link of Swingset.... I play the bari sax on the far left, I've gotten over $2000 in scholarships from WOU because the music department wants me to play in their orchestra and jazz band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjokU_p9pOA

Old 05-12-2008, 09:58 PM
2nd Gear member

hey are you oldschoolmedia cause if you are i will send you a freind invite.

Quick Reply: Camaro owners in oregon?