Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   Northwest (https://camaroforums.com/forum/northwest-72/)
-   -   Any 2010+ 2SS Owners in Eugene? (https://camaroforums.com/forum/northwest-72/any-2010-2ss-owners-eugene-59186/)

Spok 02-07-2011 06:13 PM

Any 2010+ 2SS Owners in Eugene?

I just bought a 2010 2SS M6 with 15K miles on January 13th. Already had to have one bank of lifters replaced (on warranty). I'm still not sure if the car is really running right or not as I haven't had it long enough to know what normal/right is. :icon_wink:

I'm thinking it's running rough and it's really bugging me. (Dealer seems to think it's running normally but he said that too BEFORE the lifters were replaced.) :icon_eek:

If there's anyone else in Eugene or within 25 miles or so, with a 2010 or 2011 SS M6, I'd really appreciate it if you'd take me for a ride in your car so I can feel/hear/see what is normal. Maybe you could drive my car and give me your thought on it. I'd be perfectly willing to drive to wherever you are and pay for your gasoline (the stuff is getting really expensive!). :icon_smile:

You can contact me via this thread as I check it frequently.

Thanks for your help. :)

BasicConcepts 02-07-2011 06:18 PM

try to go test drive another one at a dealership

Spok 02-07-2011 09:21 PM

BasicConcepts,

Thanks for the response and the suggestion. I did test drive a new 2011 SS M6 at the local dealership. However, I wasn't really paying attention to much else than driving the car safely, shifting gears (after 15 months of driving an automatic - yuk) and getting a feel for the car's power. My recollection is that the new 2011's engine ran more smoothly but I'm really not sure.

Unfortuneately, the salesman who was working with me was also trying to work me. He flat pissed me off trying to get paper work started and get information from me that just wasn't appropriate for what we were doing as I told him up front I was there just to test drive the Camaro. He also offered me $5,000 less for my trade-in than what I got for it when I bought my Camaro.

A week later, after I bought the Camaro, he calls me and offers $500 more for my trade-in. I got a bit upset with him and told him he was still $4,500 too low and that it was too late because I'd already bought a Camaro from another dealer.

So, I think I may have burned whatever bridge I might have had at the local Chevy dealer. Besides, I'd like to experience an SS with a few miles on it as it would be a more accurate comparison.

BasicConcepts 02-07-2011 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Spok (Post 506452)
I'd like to experience an SS with a few miles on it as it would be a more accurate comparison.

understandable have you thought about getting another opinion perhaps going to another GM dealer and having them look at the car

your car should run pretty smooth even with the high power engine either way if there is a problem it NEEDS to be fixed how long is your warranty if there is a problem it could kill your whole motor and im sure a SS engine with 15k miles isnt cheep

Spok 02-08-2011 10:59 AM

BasicConcepts,

I think I'll mosey up Hwy. 99 to Junction City and see what Guarantee can do for me as far as driving a properly operating SS so I can compare it to what mine is doing. If there is a noticeable difference, which there should not be, I'll see if they'd be willing to address the problem.

My car has plenty of new car warranty left. The in-service date on it is September ??, 2009 and I've only got 16K miles on it, so I'm covered until September ??, 2012 or 36K miles (I think). So that's not a problem. Then there's the power train warranty of 100K miles or 5 years and the engine would be covered under that too.

Thanks again for your time in helping me out with this.