Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://camaroforums.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-24/)
-   -   turbo LT1 (https://camaroforums.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-24/turbo-lt1-21537/)

red star 11-23-2007 02:40 PM

turbo LT1

if you have seen under the hoof on an LT1 you know its packed tight, where can i find or make room for a turbo?

bluovlh8er 11-23-2007 03:39 PM

RE: turbo LT1

first get rid of the lt1 and put a v-tech in. since the lt1 has too high compression for a turbo you may want to juice it or supercharge it.

red star 11-23-2007 03:55 PM

ORIGINAL: bluovlh8er

first get rid of the lt1 and put a v-tech in. since the lt1 has too high compression for a turbo you may want to juice it or supercharge it.

I'm going to change my heads to 227 CC, which should lower the compression. Ive also thought about juicing it, right now I'm just looking around.

bluovlh8er 11-23-2007 04:02 PM

oooohhhhhhhhh.
dude supercharge it.

red star 11-23-2007 04:09 PM

oooohhhhhhhhh.
dude supercharge it.
i thought about that too. but this is my day to day car. blowers are always in use, as opposed to turbo or NOS that's used when i want it.

bluovlh8er 11-23-2007 04:24 PM

nos is like a hot chick with an std, you want to hit it but your gunna regret it lol.

red star 11-23-2007 04:38 PM

nos is like a hot chick with an std, you want to hit it but your gunna regret it lol.
yeah its hard on the piston rigs isn't it?

NaturallyAspirated 11-27-2007 04:47 PM

Aahahahahaahah!!!!

rockin85 11-27-2007 09:17 PM

dont go with a turbo. they are way too much work. first with all the plumbing, then the intercooler, also the blowoff vavle. a turbo is nice but since there is no room, and your prolly gunna get one anyways, i saw an episode of horsepower, they took a corvette and put on twin turbo. now what they did was they put the turbos at the rear of the car so they wouldnt take up room by the engine and ran aluminum tubing for the good air all the way to the engine, which also cooled the air therefore eliminating the intercool. it was a huge increase in power too. but like i siad, turbos are nice but if you cant get a kit made for your car, its not worth the frustration trying to make it work.

1990CamaroRS 11-28-2007 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: red star

if you have seen under the hoof on an LT1 you know its packed tight, where can i find or make room for a turbo?
you could do a remote mount turbo (rear mount), but only if you're looking at just a few pounds of boost (6-10psi). they are VERY streetable because it's mounted so far back, and lag isn't really all that much of a problem with a V8, no matter where the turbo is mounted