New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Want to get a mero

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 06:02 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Want to get a mero

Yeah i'm getting my income soon so i am expecting to have 4g's saved up with my income, and I have been a fan of meros for a few years now and i am now looking to buy one. I want to get a red, 94, v8 and i am wondering what should i expect, and if i go to a dealer ship what could i expect to put down as a down paymen and the monthly bill. And does anyone knows how much an eighteen year old male with the camaro of my description would have to pay for insuriance.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:20 AM
January 2007 ROTM
Default RE: Want to get a mero

Insurance , sorry to say this but if you are looking to get a V8 , YOU ARE GOING TO PAY ALOT . Been there done that. Insurance would consider you and your age and a vehicle that is classified as a sports vehicle a risk thus they will charge you alot considering all of the facts mentioned, clean record or not. Most likely with most insurance companys , what ever you are paying now , look for it to double if you get a Camaro.

Your payment on the Camaro , it will be hard to give you an idea due to so many factors involved.

#1 - Downpayment
#2 - Months Financed
#3 - What the dealership is asking for the vehicle

Payment wise , just remember this little process :

This is based on financing for 5 yrs and does not include taxes and extras : THIS IS NOT EXACT

For every $1000.00 you will pay $21.00 a month for payment on the vehicle.

Example :

$10,000.00 = Monthly payment of $210.00

Hope this helps , and welcome to the forums

Old 02-13-2006, 06:21 PM
In the Staging Lanes

To:Hawk

Men thanks alot. So that means that if i am paying 4gs for a mero then every month I will probably be paying around 88$ a month right. But about the insurance, you said i will have to pay double, like what is double from the most basic or least money you could be paying for a mero with an 18 year old boy and a v8, or could I lie and say I got a v6 or that's not going to work.

Old 02-13-2006, 07:09 PM
January 2007 ROTM

insurance, you said i will have to pay double, like what is double from the most basic or least money you could be paying for a mero with an 18 year old boy and a v8, or could I lie and say I got a v6 or that's not going to work.

You have to understand something , with your age most insurance companys will consider you a risk due to the fact of the size of engine. Once you give them the VIN # off your car they will know what size engine your car has , so it would probably not be best to lie about that because they will know.

As far as what you will be paying , take what you are paying right now and double that ............. if you are paying 100.00 right now for insurance most likely you will pay around 200.00 once you get the car. Once again I remind you THIS IS NOT EXACT but it will just give you an idea.