New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Soon to be a proud owner...

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Default Soon to be a proud owner...

Hi everyone, I am so happy that after couple days of searching I finally found the best camaro website on the web, let me introduce my self first, my name is Anton I am 20 years old and had love for camaros since they came out, especially 4th gen. I live in Erie, PA and currently drive 2004 Honda Accord. Since I was 16 I wanted to buy a camaro but my parents wouldn’t let me because I have a "heavy foot" so they were scared that I would either kill my self or live paycheck to paycheck just for the gas, and lets not start talking about insurance for 16 yo on a z28. So, I graduated from High School, now 2nd year in collage and still every time I see them on the road I feel like a little kid wanting his toy . I have a lot of ricers, the little civics and what not dominating my town thinking that they run it, but nothing beats a true American muscle. So, after giving couple phone calls to my insurance and talking it over with my dad I decided to go for it and purchase a camaro as a summer car (got to keep my 4 dr Honda, its great on gas and very practical). So for now my main reason to join this site was so I can get some feedback from the actual owners on which one to get (ss, z28 i can afford both but is it really worth paying extra for ss), what mods to do first (over the years I came to be familiar with ls1 but still need opinion from the actual owners on what parts to get and from who) stick or automatic( stick in my accord puts it far apart from automatic accord, but should I really worry about extra power with 6speed on 300+ hp engine). I am an active member ofgen7accord club forums where I post a lot of pictures and different diy that I went through, and I am planning on doing the same here. Thank you for your time!

Old 02-13-2007, 03:21 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: Soon to be a proud owner...

I'd like to welcome you to the forums! Good luck with the new camaro! Be sure to post lots of pics of your car ASAP we all love to see new camaros every day. Enjoy it here

Old 02-13-2007, 03:22 PM
May 2007 ROTM
Default RE: Soon to be a proud owner...

Welcome to the forums I'm sure you'll find a ton of help here,and let us know what you get.