New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Newbie Hello Post

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 09:24 AM
Default Newbie Hello Post

We just bought this sweet baby from a place that sells repairables, and I've not even seen her, but already love her so much. Never thought I'd want a white car, but saw a great thread on this forum yesterday that featured white cars and I felt very affirmed - lol. She has an injury to be fixed, and I want to put some graphics on her sides.

I'll probably put in a CAI. I assume she has stock exhaust, but she seems to have been somebody's baby, so maybe I'll have the pleasant surprise of finding the exhaust had been upgraded,a it just got overlooked in the description -- girl can hope!

So excited. Probably won't get her until October, but hope to at least go meet her next week. My first non practical vehicle. I'm picking my dad's brain on racing her as he's been racing since a teen, my brothers both used to race, and my mom started racing when she was just a few years older than I am now. I need to get with it -- even if it's only a few passes and never again.😁

So, long intro, but I'm just so excited and eager to interact with other enthusiasts. I'm in Central Virginia, so LMK if any of you are nearby. 😊

OUCH!!

​​

Old 08-14-2020, 08:25 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Welcome to C.F. What year is your car, and what did it cost? Do you plan on doing the work yourself? Considering the extent of damage to the substructure, the outer body panels, the suspension, wheel and tire, you're going to have more invested in the car than you could buy an undamaged one for, if you take it to a body shop to repair. You need to factor in the car's deflated (much lower) value it will have once done, with it being a salvage car. Not trying to rain on your parade, but I hope you did all the math.

Old 08-16-2020, 08:38 AM
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the club. Congrats on the buy,
This is not an OUCH, it's broken and needs a crutch. Good luck with the project and take plenty of pictures as they will help later in life.

Old 08-16-2020, 11:05 AM
4th Gear Member

Welcome from the Pacific NW.

Old 08-16-2020, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Everett#2390
Welcome to the club. Congrats on the buy,
This is not an OUCH, it's broken and needs a crutch. Good luck with the project and take plenty of pictures as they will help later in life.
Ha ha! You sound like my dad. He said, "It only has three legs!"

Old 08-17-2020, 06:09 PM
4th Gear Member

Signs of a good teacher. Listen carefully. LOL

Old 08-20-2020, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Welcome to C.F. What year is your car, and what did it cost? Do you plan on doing the work yourself? Considering the extent of damage to the substructure, the outer body panels, the suspension, wheel and tire, you're going to have more invested in the car than you could buy an undamaged one for, if you take it to a body shop to repair. You need to factor in the car's deflated (much lower) value it will have once done, with it being a salvage car. Not trying to rain on your parade, but I hope you did all the math.

Thanks for the concern - truly. It's a 2010. We got a really good deal on it and with the estimate we've gotten should still have a good deal. My husband is totally a numbers/value/investment guy and assures me he counted it up beforehand. We've purchased many repairables in the past, most of which are still going strong, one we drove until its last dying breath, and another which we just sold for a great price. It's not a method for everyone, but it works for us. Not interested in the car as an investment other than to invest in our own fun and enjoyment and I anticipate to come out ahead on that! Plus, did you ever just know that a car was "the one?" Thanks for your thoughts!