New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New Wrench!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Default New Wrench!

Hello Everyone,
My name is Steve, I'm actually going to pick my Camaro up today. It is a 2000 Z28, pictures soon. I've browsed a few forums in my day and I like the fact that so far there has been at least one administrator on everytime I've visited here.
As far as the car goes, everything is getting rebuilt, bigger, badder, louder, and definitely stronger. I'm not really flashy, but I hope to have this car turning heads (hopefully not just the cops)! I look forward to sharing my limited mechanical know-how and getting info from all of you.
Thank you all for your time and this forum.

Oz

Old 04-19-2007, 02:00 PM
June 2007 ROTM
Default RE: New Wrench!

welcome man. what does the car have now? what are ur plans?

Old 04-19-2007, 02:25 PM

Well so far my plans are small, I just closed on a house. However, the plans overall are pretty extensive. Starting with the exhaust, it currently has one of the most restrictive exhaust I have ever seen, STOCK! I'm looking into a full dual set-up complete with remote butterfly cut-outs. I want to take the motor out and build it from the ground up. New crank, cam, pistons, rods, everything that can be will be replaced. I want to build it to handle anything, but I don't plan on twin-turbos or anything I just want it to be solid. Then on to top end of the motor, cold air intake that sort of thing.Transmission rebuild,same thing I want it tough, all the way from the driveshaft to the pumpkin.Suspension upgrades, brakes, tires and rims, then onto appearance. New hood, quiet paint job with subtle graphics. I've got a long way to go, a little bit of money,but I haveplenty of time.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:37 PM
June 2007 ROTM

sounds like u made a plan for the car. thats a start. good luck and keep us posted.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:00 PM

Well it started out catching speeders, so now I want it to switch sides. Not really, a Camaro was meant to be way faster than the factory allows it to be, I just want to help it live up to it's potential.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:01 PM
May 2007 ROTM

Welcome to the forum,and good luck with your build.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:49 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Welcome to the forums. I look forward to reading about your project as it comes along. Post some pictures, we are all picture nuts. The car has the police package?

Old 04-20-2007, 01:37 AM
4th Gear Member

Welcome, get some pics once you get it...

And yes, you will get attention from the five-o