New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New to the Muslce Car world - Dallas Texas - Advice welcomed

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 12:23 PM
Default New to the Muslce Car world - Dallas Texas - Advice welcomed

Hi everyone. Well I am 36 years old and havefinally started to look at buying my first muscle car. There have been 2 carsthat have made an in pact in my life. I loved the way they have looked andsounded. These 2 cars are the Chevelle and the Camaro. At this point I ampretty sure it’s going to be a Camaro. I am wanting a first Gen (67-69). I havebeen saving since 2006 and have about 50k to spend. Since I am so new I amlooking for advice on what to look for and who to trust. If anyone lives in theDallas area and has knowledge I would lover to talk and pick your brain.

What I am looking for would be a 67-69 RS. I wantit vintage on the outside but modern on the inside including the Dashboard. Ihave not liked some of the pictures I’ve seen of the Camaros that stay vintageon the inside. I am also looking for this to be more than just a weekend carbut one that I can drive everyday. So here are some of my questions. Please letme know if I have left things out that make answering them difficult. I amlearning and with your help can become further educated.

1. What would be the most to spend on a 67-69 Camaro? Ihave seen dealers selling for anywhere from 20-60k.

2. Are there any dealers you all trust?

3. Would anyone buy a base model and sup it up? If so what’sa ball park cost to do something like that including the interior. I am lookingfor that to be modern.

4. Since I am planning on using this more frequently thanweekends what kind of engine should I be looking for?

5. Since I want to be very picky on paint what are averagecosts to paint? I want either Black or red .Prefer black.

These are just some questions and your answers can be general. Just so youknow I appreciate any feed back you guys can give. I have always wanted intothis world and finally after years of wanting and waiting I am ready to get myfeet wet. Thanks again and hope to have pictures from my first buy once I amready to buy.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the site neighbor......

Old 10-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Welcome to Camaro Forums

Old 10-18-2013, 07:00 AM
4th Gear Member

Welcome, JMT's, get the correct year '68.
Seriously, you should make a list and arrange 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices.
A repaint, depending how deep one goes into it, can be up to $10K-$12K, the further into the job, the higher.
Black is a good color, but body alignment comes into play and so does the gloss - look at any reflection of any color, the lighter the color, the less gloss really needed, darker color need more gloss for the mirror reflection.
On the other hand, the lighter color, the body alignment, meaning gaps, come into play - black lines on a light color show up.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Official GM Representitive

Originally Posted by briang573
Hi everyone. Well I am 36 years old and havefinally started to look at buying my first muscle car. There have been 2 carsthat have made an in pact in my life. I loved the way they have looked andsounded. These 2 cars are the Chevelle and the Camaro. At this point I ampretty sure it’s going to be a Camaro. I am wanting a first Gen (67-69). I havebeen saving since 2006 and have about 50k to spend. Since I am so new I amlooking for advice on what to look for and who to trust. If anyone lives in theDallas area and has knowledge I would lover to talk and pick your brain.

What I am looking for would be a 67-69 RS. I wantit vintage on the outside but modern on the inside including the Dashboard. Ihave not liked some of the pictures I’ve seen of the Camaros that stay vintageon the inside. I am also looking for this to be more than just a weekend carbut one that I can drive everyday. So here are some of my questions. Please letme know if I have left things out that make answering them difficult. I amlearning and with your help can become further educated.

1. What would be the most to spend on a 67-69 Camaro? Ihave seen dealers selling for anywhere from 20-60k.

2. Are there any dealers you all trust?

3. Would anyone buy a base model and sup it up? If so what’sa ball park cost to do something like that including the interior. I am lookingfor that to be modern.

4. Since I am planning on using this more frequently thanweekends what kind of engine should I be looking for?

5. Since I want to be very picky on paint what are averagecosts to paint? I want either Black or red .Prefer black.

These are just some questions and your answers can be general. Just so youknow I appreciate any feed back you guys can give. I have always wanted intothis world and finally after years of wanting and waiting I am ready to get myfeet wet. Thanks again and hope to have pictures from my first buy once I amready to buy.
briang573,

Greetings and welcome to the forum. I know you're very excited about getting a Camaro and we definitely hope you find the perfect one for you. Let us know how everything turns out!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care