New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New here with a '96

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 10:13 PM
Default New here with a '96

Hey all! Just picked up a White '96 with 109k miles. It is a 3800, Auto with T-Tops. It was originally from Arizona and came here to Buffalo about 5 years ago. Its going need some work but Im hoping to help it make a comeback. Both fenders are cracked as is the top of the dash. The passenger window also leaks a bit from the molding between the window and T-Tops. It runs good with a little throttle but dies at idle. After stalling, there is no pressure built up in the fuel rail, so I was thinking maybe the fuel pump needs replaced. Also, the gas gauge is pegged way beyond F. It does not matter if the car is on or off, its not going anywhere. Im wondering if this could be relsulting from the fueling issue. I'll have to read through the tech forums to see if other members have seen something similar.

Name:  08B6157B-8087-4628-A3F3-061CD8340CF9_zpsvxy72snl.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  87.5 KB

I also have a 2003 Pontiac Vibe AWD w/ 117k mi and a 1995 Buick Riviera S/C w/ 180k miles. The Riviera is my ongoing project, and summer/ show car. It is lightly modded with alot ready to be done the the motor and suspension this spring(ideally). I have a new rebuilt Transmission ready to swap in as well. The Vibe is all stock and was another car that I bought destined for the junkyard that was originally just going to be a winter car and I have slowly grown to like it and trust it more than any vehicle Ive ever driven.

Aside from my new to me '96, my dad has a Red '86 IROC he bought new in '86. The car was stolen (twice) many years ago and had the windows smashed in as well as the interior torn apart and some body damage to go with it. He did the body work and then my siblings and I came along and his project got pushed back and remains tucked away in our garage. He and his 2 brothers have owned a collision shop for over 30 years now and have accumulated their share of projects and the IROC has fallen in line but I would like to pull it out and start working on it this summer alongside our other projects.

We also have a Silver '85 Z28 with T-Tops that has a good motor but no floorboards and is kind of a beater. We're planning on putting some new floorboards in, gutting it and making a drag car out of it.

Lots of projects and the '96 has joined the family. That will be something that will be remaining stock other than maybe a set of rims and tires. Not worried about the performance of a N/A V6! Hoping to have the car where I want it in about a month, hopefully sooner. Thanks for a great resource!

Dave

Old 04-29-2014, 06:13 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome, post your tech issues over in the Tech forum also if you search there is a lot of good information.