New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New Here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 05:51 AM
Default New Here!

Hello

Just bought a 2000 Camaro Z28!!! I am new to this forum, but not new to Camaros. This is my 8th Camaro. My 1st was a 77 Type LT, 2nd was an 80 Camaro, 3rd was a 78 Z28, for the 4th I got another 77 Type LT, 5th was an 89 IROC –a 5.7liter in Blue and the 6th was a Red 89 IROC and of course it was a 5.7 liter. The 7th was a 95 Z28, an automatic in Mystic Metallic Green with Beige “leather” gut. With the Camaros I’ve also owned a ridiculous amount of other cars through the years including; 5 Cadillacs, 4 Monte Carlos, 4 Buicks, an Oldsmobile Cutlass, few 4ns, 3 Fords and I am sure I am forgetting a few.

I was thumbing around e-bay and I came across my 8th, like I said it’s a 2000 Z28, 6 speed with a black “leather” gut. It has a ridiculous amount of miles on it -214241 but it runs great. It’s mostly stock for what I can tell except a previous owner changed the coil packs with MSDs. I also noticed that the shift **** has an “H” on top of it –which I didn’t think it was from the factory but there is an RPO code BBS that I saw some place that said was Factory installed Hurst Shifter. It needs some work on the rear and I am thinking a water pump to get it on the street.

A little about me; I am from and live in Brooklyn, New York, howyoudoing? I was an auto mechanic for many years, but I left the professional industry 6 years ago for a city job (can’t beat the benefits/pension -14 more years to go!) I still work as a mechanic for friends and family –a word of mouth sort of thing. I also currently work for a “collector” on his cars and restoration projects.

Anyway, looking forward to all the knowledge and info the forum has to offer and maybe make a few friends as well as I hope with my knowledge and recourses I will be able to help out the members in this forum.

Thanks

Old 04-16-2010, 11:19 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

good to have ya here michael, welcome to the forum.