New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New here

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Default New here

Hello there. I'm Jake. I'm 13 (14 in September. Two years from driving ). I'm really into Camaros and most Mercedes-Benz cars. My dad used to own a lot of muscle cars in his day including Vegas, Chevelles, one 68 Camaro, and more. He unfortunately passed away this May. He was in a horrible motorcycle accident. I've got a 67 Camaro rust-bucket car sitting at my uncle's shop. It's mine. I plan on working on it and fixing the rust, and all that with some help from my uncle. Ill have to post some pictures of it soon so you all can see it. It's nothing to look at really. It's a faded out Nantucket Blue with a hole right near the shifter which I could stick a bottle of water in and drop it out the car. And that's not the worst, most of the car is rusty. So it'll be a nice project for me to get going and have done by when I'm 16. It's originally got a 302 in it. I'm hoping to go WAY bigger than that and go with the 427. Also, I saw a Camaro on YouTube with a 707, would that be possible to put in my Camaro?

~Jake

Old 08-09-2009, 11:48 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Hi Jake, welcome to the forum. Check out the 1st gen section, there's a lot of ongoing projects threads there that will give you a lot of help fixing up your car. I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. I ride motorcycles and I know how dangerous it can be. I wish you and your family all the best.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:50 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

hqy welcome to the forum. a 302 huh. i didnt know chevy made a 302. made a 305 and 307 i think. well u got your work cut out for urself now. should keep u out of trouble till u get on the road anyways. lol. just kidding. sorry to hear about your loss but remember he is always watching so make him and mom proud. lost my dad at 18 so i kind of know what its like. gives u a totally different way of looking at and dealing with life. u are doing good, a clasic car at 13 and determined to rebuild it into something special. if i were uncle i would try real hard to get u to start with a 350. post pictures and kep us up to date on your progress. better get a job. or two. lol. learn and have fun.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

Welcome to the Forum. sorry to hear about the accident and the loss of your dad.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:34 PM
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the Forum.

Old 08-12-2009, 06:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Hi there Jake, Welcome to our forum ! You have come to a good place for help with your rare 67 Camaro. It will require patience and hard work to finish, but when your finished you will have a dream car. Sorry about your Dad, hang in there, you will find some friends here.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:21 PM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

Hi Jake.....very sorry to hear about your dad. Come on over to 1st gen and hang with us fools......post up lots of pics of your 67 when you can