New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New Guy from PA

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 05:35 AM
2nd Gear member
Default New Guy from PA

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I've been around Camaro's all my life and owned a few 69's, 68 and a 90 RS with several different motors, ranging from 302, 327 blower motor, 350 and my current 396.

I always have been into drag racing and wanted a big tired, big block car so finally after serveral years in the making, I finally got one.

Here are a few pictures of it.

I recently have added some exterior trim molding and still need to pick up the vinyl top molding. The interior is 90% complete, I still need a head liner, dash pad and the pillar post molding.
My main goal was to run 10.0/ 9.99 and that's it and I should be pretty close.
All my chassis parts came from S&W Racecars and the entire car was done in my garage with the exception of the paint.
If you guys got any questions, I'd be happy to give you some more information.
Hopefully I can be some help to you guys as well.

See ya...

Old 01-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Nice ride, good to see another Camaro for life guy, I think we have a few members from the York area. I lived in Lancaster for 15 years but I moved up to Allentown.

You ever get over to Denny's Camaro in Mountville?

Old 01-20-2012, 09:23 AM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to the forum, nice ride.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:09 AM
2nd Gear member

Thanks guys.....

Yes Denny is on my speed dial. He's like 10/15 minutes away from me, in fact I got to pick stuff up down at his place.
I've known Denny for a lot of years. I met him for the first time when he lived in Millersville and sold parts out of this small two bay garage.
Well that just showed my age!

Old 01-20-2012, 02:57 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm from PA To. its funny so many people on here are from pa but i never see any other camaros around. im in chester county

Old 01-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by bruce69camaro
Thanks guys.....

Yes Denny is on my speed dial. He's like 10/15 minutes away from me, in fact I got to pick stuff up down at his place.
I've known Denny for a lot of years. I met him for the first time when he lived in Millersville and sold parts out of this small two bay garage.
Well that just showed my age!
I didn't meet him until the mid 90's, he helped get my 67 together. What a great guy. I was missing a lot of little parts inside my doors and he let just take one of his used doors home with me and take of the parts I needed no charge as long as I didn't hurt the shell. I bought a lot of stuff off him. Even living in Allentown its worth the drive. He knows where to get the best parts for the best deals IMO buying online is just to risky. Denny likes to help people with projects as much as he likes to make money.

If that is your stomping ground we most like run into each other before at shows. There was a big one right up the street from denny at a bowling alley. Somewhere I have some pics of my 67 on a fake drag stip they use to setup.

Last edited by Gorn; 01-20-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:02 AM
2nd Gear member

Hey Gorn,

That bowling alley is Leisure Lanes and it used to be an old airport from what my father-in-law tells me because he used to drag race there.
They still have the car show there and also they have a nice one at A Herr park in Salugna (Landisville) and also a big one in Columbia.
I'm not sure if they still have a show at Long's Park or not?
Denny is a good guy, he wasn't at the shop when I stopped in on Friday but everytime you here his name, there is always something good about him.

Hey Bill,

I lived here in Lancaster Co all my life. Why.... I don't know, it must be the that good, fresh farming air that I love to smell early in the mornings

Old 01-29-2012, 02:49 AM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

Very Nice Camaro. Welcome to the Forums!!