New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New guy from cali

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 04:00 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default New guy from cali

Hi my names Dylan. I just turned 16 and my dad bought me a 3500 dollar 70 camaro a few months back with the promise that he'd help me fix it up. I was so exited I tore out the interior the first day I got it haha it was full of sand for some reason and there were old plastic forks all over the place. Later when we started pulling off the front panels, a whole pile of forks fell out haha. We got it from his buddies shop and he is very helpful. He's helped us with parts, paint and bodywork the whole way. The first thing we did was take apart the front end and redid the suspension. We painted it in the garage all black and it is beautiful! We just got the steering box back from being rebuilt so I plan to bolt that back on tomorrow. The other day I stripped the paint off the doors and they looked like hell. The passenger side looked like it had been in a gang fight with how many holes it had in it from the dents being pulled out! We got a transmition already. It's a 700r4 probably off of a 92. Eventually I'm going to put a h.o. 350 in it. I decided against the big block because although it would be badass, it'd be unpracticle because I'm going to drive it to and from school. I know the 350 won't get more than 15 mpg but it's gotta be better than the 454. I was considering a 383 but if I wanted one for the same price, I think I'd be giving up a little bit of drivability around town. If I were on the track I wouldn't care but not for the purposes I'm going to use it for. So I have some pretty big plans! I know I want a lot of power for being 16 and some people think that's irresponsible, but I mean after spending 8 months rebuilding this car head to toe, I'm not gunna go treat it like it's nothing. Im going to be so careful. If something ever happened to it I might cry! But I have a while before I have to worry about that. I still have plenty to do. When it's all done I'll post pictures.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:08 AM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to the forum, post up some pics when you can. And I would suggest a LSX motor, if you can find a good used one you'll get power and MPG's with it.