New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

new guy with a '69

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Default new guy with a '69

Hello all,

Just wanted to introduce myself as I will be here for some period of time, but hopefully not too long as I am looking at selling my camaro. I would appreciate some expert advice as I, havn't decided what to ask for it quite yet. Maybe some folks could help me out and decide what a "fair" price would be. Here is the jist of the car located in Wisconsin.

1969 X-55 True SS-350 Camaro coupe hardtop
58,000 original miles on body, motor has much less.
New Looking Paint Canary Yellow w/Black racing stripes (Z28 striping?) on hood and trunk
Not original motor, but has a 350 cid in it nonetheless
TH400 transmission w/hurst shifter
4.11 ratio rear end w/12 bolt posi-traction
Holley 750 double pumper
Edelbrock alum intake
Long duration Comp Cam
Hooker Headers
Dual Exhuast
Chrome valve covers and air cleaner.
Original Rally rims w/generic tires (I am keeping my cragars SS's and BFG's for another vehicle)
Air conditioning
Front disc brakes.

This car is probably between a 2 and 3 on the old car price guide scale if I could guess. It was refurbished in middle 90's by previous owner. I added some extras. Newer paint looks very nice and on a scale of 1-10 I would personally rate the job a 7.5. Not the absolute best paint job I've ever seen, but dang better than most and a good number you'll come accross. NO visible flaws on exterior with exception to a couple minute chips in the rear fender described in detail below. Only one spot the size of a dime on entire car, where any bondo was used during the restoration process. Interior has normal wear on carpet and dash, but nothing even remotely considered eye popping, very very minor wear and still in a showable state with absolutely no rips, tears, or cracks. It has a Black/Walnut interior with vinyl bucket seats and full console. Trunk and floor boards are rust free. Car has been always been stored indoors for ten years ever since I have had it, with exception to a couple of rides around town every year in the summer. Frame is solid and rust free as well.

Other flaws:
1. One muffler has a broken weld due to it running rich at one time and it backfired.
2. Some gauges including speedo, battery, and temp aren't working properly. Probably need to be changed out, I don't want to rip the dash apart.
3. Needs new rear shock(s). Havn't figured out if both are bad yet or not.
4. Needs a drivers side mirror since my nephew took it off with his pedal bike handlebars in the garage screwing around.
5. Engine block could use a repaint at some point as I don't think the previous owner used the right enamel and is just starting to flake around heads.
6. few chips in paint the size of an eraser head on each side of the rear wheel area where gravel hit the very bottom of the fender and chipped a couple flakes off. Could probably be touched up and never noticed as you can't even see it unless you get down below.

Hopefully this gives folks a good sense for what it is like.. I would be totally open to any ideas on what this might be worth? If anyone is wondering why I'm planning on selling it, I'm trying to get some seed money to do a complete frame off restoration of a '64 Oldsmobile 442, which is quite a bit more rare and you don't see driving down the road as much. Plus, I would like to do a full resto sometime in my life. Thanks.

Here are some pics posted on photobucket, follow link below:
http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/...ro%20SS%20350/

-dom

Last edited by dmcianfa; 09-20-2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: added items
Old 09-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Third Generation Moderator
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Oh man, that thing's not gonna be worth crap. Tell you what. I'll take it off your hands for $3000 if you transport it for me.

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy it for however long you're here~

Old 09-22-2010, 09:04 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ill go 3100. lol. dont know how much its worth but i would think add a 0 to that at least. in this economy though who knows? welcome to the forum.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:16 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I'd say the condition yours is in it'd go for around $35-40,000... pics would be nice though to see what exactly you got

Old 09-27-2010, 10:07 AM

Not sure it would be worth that much as it's not a number 1 for sure, but I'll get some pics up soon.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:45 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

well your supposed to have 10 qualifying posts but if you open a photobucket account and download your pic there you can copy the img code to your post. pic's will show then.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:28 PM

sounds like an amazing car. I might even be willing to trade you for it

Old 09-29-2010, 09:23 AM

added link with pictures to original post. See above and click to view pics at photobucket.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:20 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

nice car
Name:  Camaro005.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  161.0 KB
Name:  Camaro013.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  163.2 KB

Last edited by craby; 09-29-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:30 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Very awesome car!!! I like the first gens. Why not just keep it and sell the Oldsmobile?