New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New Camaro owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 12:04 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default New Camaro owner

Hello all, I've recently purchased an 02 Camaro and started the process of getting her back into shape (leaky valve covers this week).
So far the rest of the list includes fixing the driver's side window (looks like someone broke it out and jacked a stereo system from inside the car at some point), replacing said missing audio system (deck and one speaker are all that were left, apparently), fixing some of the body damage (driver's side fender and front lip are damaged, front ground effects are missing), replacing the damaged lights (driver side bumper is cracked, tailights have hairline fractures that are letting in water, and the fog lights need to be replaced-one's missing the lens).
Just got the title transferred Monday, and put the new plates and tabs on. So far all I've had time to do is replace the battery (old one had a hole in the cover), replace the headlights, and change the oil to Mobile 1 full syn, buy the Chilton manual, as well as give the car a wash and wax.
I've got a few other items planned for this vehicle beyond the things that need to be fixed/replaced, but I believe this list will keep me busy for at least a month or two, considering that I usually only have time to work on this over the weekend.
Anyway, just thought I'd drop in here and post as a courtesy. I've already found some good information on here in several places, so I expect it will be educational for me regarding this new (to me) car.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:26 PM
2nd Gear member

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the camaro.

Check out the 4th gen section and post some pics up so we can see the beauty. Maybe even start a project thread.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Welcome to CF green knight. Sounds like you have a project to keep you out of trouble for a little while.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

welcome to the forum green_knight

Old 08-23-2012, 01:03 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome! I assume that the projects would go in the projects thread? Or do those go in the General thread under the vehicle generation?
I'll get some pics up here eventually, I suppose I could snap a few with the cell phone, but I'd rather use the digital camera, and haven't gotten around to it yet.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forum!

Old 08-24-2012, 12:49 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Well, tried to upload a pic today, it said that I don't have sufficient privileges to do so. Strangely enough, I also get a message saying I don't have the privilege to view my own profile when I click on my user name. Must be waiting for activation or something.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

You need to have a post count of 3 for certain privileges, which your last post now gave you.
If you're going to do an actual build thread, then yes put it in the projects section.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes

That would explain it, although I'm still getting the access denied atm. Maybe takes a bit for it to process the third post. I'll try again tonight if I have some time. Thanks for the info!

Old 08-24-2012, 01:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Here's picture off the cell.

Quick Reply: New Camaro owner