New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Need Help Vets

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 08:27 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Need Help Vets

I'm asking alot out of you guys right now with my qustions.

I'm want to get a 2000-2002 coupe camaro, t-tops-manual trans(Don't really now how to drive manual all that good right now), want to get it red or black, but will paint if needed, want to be a okay and clean car, I would like to have sounds and okay rims if could, and I just need to ask some qustions and I am going to need some answerss. The stuff at top is what I want in my camaro.

I'm in California, Los Angeles, South Central, I'm 19 and black with no tickets, been driving for a year.

I'm looking to put at most 1,000 dollars down paymen, and spend no more then 450 a month on payments, and no more then 300 on insurance a month.

I don't really know that much about cars and I currently drive a 2003 prius hybrid.

-What good prices I will be able to find
-What should I know
-What will be somethings I wouldn't probably now about a camaro
-Gas weekly/monthly price
-Things a should get
-Things I should avoid
-When Going to buy what should I find out and do
-What's the camaros don'ts
-If there is other quistions I should edit and put on here let me know so people can see and know what to ask

Looking to buy in christmas time so have lot of time and I swear the more answers the better

PLEASE HELP ME VETS
THANKS

Old 09-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Y2K
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Need Help Vets

Well I'm not a vet but here's a little advise anyhow.

#1 Join a credit union and get pre approved for a car loan so you'll know what you have to work with.
That way you'll know how much you can borrow at what interest rate and what the payments will be.

#2 Talk to your insurance agent about what car you want to buy so you'll know up front what your monthly payment will be.

#3 Go to trader online and look at a bunch of cars and see what the asking prices are,keeping in mind that asking prices and selling prices are not nessessarily the same when the deal is done.
You'll gain insite into what the market is like for that particular vechile.
http://www.traderonline.com/

#4 Find a car with low mileage , have it checked out by a mechanic and do a carfax check on the car to get it's history.
You don't want to buy a repaired wreck or flood damaged car.
http://www.carfax.com/

#5 Don't get in a hurry,look at lots of cars and if you know someone that knows more about cars than you do see if they'll go along and help you look.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:32 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks for ya'll opinions and just to let everyone know ,everyone opinions are still welcome so please keep them comin.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: Y2K

Well I'm not a vet but here's a little advise anyhow.

#1 Join a credit union and get pre approved for a car loan so you'll know what you have to work with.
That way you'll know how much you can borrow at what interest rate and what the payments will be.

#2 Talk to your insurance agent about what car you want to buy so you'll know up front what your monthly payment will be.

#3 Go to trader online and look at a bunch of cars and see what the asking prices are,keeping in mind that asking prices and selling prices are not nessessarily the same when the deal is done.
You'll gain insite into what the market is like for that particular vechile.
http://www.traderonline.com/

#4 Find a car with low mileage , have it checked out by a mechanic and do a carfax check on the car to get it's history.
You don't want to buy a repaired wreck or flood damaged car.
http://www.carfax.com/

#5 Don't get in a hurry,look at lots of cars and if you know someone that knows more about cars than you do see if they'll go along and help you look.

#1 I have a credit card and I had it for about 6 months and I spend alot on it and then pay it all back as soon as the bill comes back so I know my credit is getting good and I also have a bank card that I had since 16. How do I join a credit union?

#2 I don't have insurance. I use my brothers car and his whole car is covered so I can drive it and I will be covered.

#3 I search online to look at cars pretty much, mostly cars.com.

#4 I heard someone say that high mileage is not a real big reason to get a car unless it has like alot alot of mileage. Is it true, and why? Mechanic sounds good and I think I should do the carfax think before I buy the car.

#5 I have a cousin, but I also want to get info from as much people as possible.

Thanks alot men.

Keep the info coming

Old 09-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Tech Droid

Make sure to learn to drive a manual properly, otherwisw you will be buying a lot of clutches.

Old 09-18-2006, 01:20 AM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: andremvp8

#1 I have a credit card and I had it for about 6 months and I spend alot on it and then pay it all back as soon as the bill comes back so I know my credit is getting good and I also have a bank card that I had since 16. How do I join a credit union?

#2 I don't have insurance. I use my brothers car and his whole car is covered so I can drive it and I will be covered.

#3 I search online to look at cars pretty much, mostly cars.com.

#4 I heard someone say that high mileage is not a real big reason to get a car unless it has like alot alot of mileage. Is it true, and why? Mechanic sounds good and I think I should do the carfax think before I buy the car.

#5 I have a cousin, but I also want to get info from as much people as possible.

Thanks alot men.

Keep the info coming
Just look in the phone book for a local credit union and give them a call,some require you work for a certain company but most only require you be a local resident.
You can get insurance quotes online or stop at a local agency in your town.
Low miles is always better ie: less wear on the car overall,you don't want to be buying alternators,waterpumps,transmission overhauls,etc.
Find a car with less than 50K miles if possible.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:48 AM
1st Gear Member

That's not always true though (it is mostly). Check carfax.xom to see how many repairs it's had. One with lower mileage might be a lemon with lots of problems. Also ask yourself, if it seems too good to be true, why are they getting rid of it? As for the mileage, my truck is over 253000km, and we've replaced the water pump, and alternator. I take damn good care of my truck and so did the previous owner. It's never been abused, or driven too hard. You don't want a low mileage but abused camaro that's going to break down all the time from tired old parts.

Old 09-18-2006, 03:14 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Men you guys are all making good points and I thank you all. I'm just real serious of getting my dream car(Camaro(It doesn't have to be expensive to be your dream car) and I want to make sure I make the right decisoin so I won't have any regrets.

Old 10-01-2006, 08:51 AM
3rd Gear Member

Just get the lowest mileage car You can afford. If it don't look right to You, don't buy it. Good luck and enjoy the forum.

Old 10-05-2006, 08:03 PM

look at www.autotrader.com it gives u everything u can get a carfax report on it and info on the car and some specs