New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Looking for my 68

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 03:55 PM
Default Looking for my 68

Sold from the Dallas area about 20 years ago to my friend's dad in the Houston area. he sold it, and so on and so on. The VIN report shows that it was last registered in Mississippi. The VIN is 123378L323955. It was painted purple before it left the Houston area. Any info to track it down would be appreciated. Thank you!

Old 12-11-2018, 08:30 PM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JPScout800
Sold from the Dallas area about 20 years ago to my friend's dad in the Houston area. he sold it, and so on and so on. The VIN report shows that it was last registered in Mississippi. The VIN is 123378L323955. It was painted purple before it left the Houston area. Any info to track it down would be appreciated. Thank you!
We get one of these posts about once a month, the sad truth is the chances are slim to none of finding it and that's assuming it even still exists.
That said the most bang for your buck will probably be getting on Facebook and joining several of the Camaro pages with you story.
There are thousands of members world wide so you'll get a lot more exposure than all the forums online combined.
Maybe someone knows someone who knows the parties involved if you throw some names out there and some pictures if you have any.
Best of luck, you have about as much chance as winning the lottery but you never know if you don't try.
I'd have a back up plan like buying a project car and building it to match your old car, just my 2cts.

Old 12-12-2018, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Y2K
We get one of these posts about once a month, the sad truth is the chances are slim to none of finding it and that's assuming it even still exists.
That said the most bang for your buck will probably be getting on Facebook and joining several of the Camaro pages with you story.
There are thousands of members world wide so you'll get a lot more exposure than all the forums online combined.
Maybe someone knows someone who knows the parties involved if you throw some names out there and some pictures if you have any.
Best of luck, you have about as much chance as winning the lottery but you never know if you don't try.
I'd have a back up plan like buying a project car and building it to match your old car, just my 2cts.
wow... thank you for your kind, inspirational words. I was under the assumption that this was an impossible venture to pursue, but now... now I'm ready to kick this up a notch and really do this! Thank you... so much!

Old 12-12-2018, 10:48 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

There is a service that I've successfully used in the past. It costs $25, you search by state, using either a license plate or the VIN. VIN search results gives you the registered owners name and address, license plate number and status. If the search turns up being a no-hit, you get your money back. It may take you a number of tries searching state by state, unless the car took root in Mississippi. I can pm you the link if you want to try that route.

Old 12-13-2018, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
There is a service that I've successfully used in the past. It costs $25, you search by state, using either a license plate or the VIN. VIN search results gives you the registered owners name and address, license plate number and status. If the search turns up being a no-hit, you get your money back. It may take you a number of tries searching state by state, unless the car took root in Mississippi. I can pm you the link if you want to try that route.
that would be great! Thank you! I did try a service called InstaVIN that was only $8 and it had a little info on it. I quest I was under the assumption that getting their name, address, etc. was not legal, public info. I'll certainly give this a try. Thanks again.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:19 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

PM sent. Good luck, let us know what you find out