New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Looking to buy a camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Default Looking to buy a camaro

Hi there, i have just recently sold my old jeep that got 12mpg on the highway......yea kick in the pants...... im lookingat purchasing a 93-up chevy camaro (v6).I am only planning on spending around $4000 (canadian), is there anything i should make sure i look at carfully when purchasing one.
Thanks John

Old 06-04-2007, 11:32 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: Looking to buy a camaro

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your purchase and have a look in the Camaro classified section here or kijiji.ca, ebay, autotrader.ca. What kind of Jeep did you have and do you have any pic's...Where in Canada are you; have fun here and vote ride of the month.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:16 PM

Thanks man i had a 89 jeep cherokeelaredo. Engine had 290 000 kms on it but still ran strong.
I installed a3.5 RE lift kit with Skyjacker LCA, UCA, stearing stablizer, Rustys offroad shocks,
Aftermarket alternator, BIG winch (around 8000 pounds), Custom bush bar, light bar with 4 130 watts blue lens lights. Class 3 hitch with 10,000 pound ring attachment and5 33/12.5/15 Super Swamper TSLs in great shape around 75% tread left on aluminum eagle alloy rims (15/8).

Im located in Brantford, Ontario.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:48 PM
3rd Gear Member

That thing is a beast, I've seen them get atleast 350+kms, too bad it's gone, I'm still wanting an old CJ or ******* but they are getting hard to find... Now thats a winch, how did the 33's run, weve always gone with 38's and on a few trucks, had 44's but they werent as good. We used to go all over muddin' but one main spot was just off the 410, right under steeles by the bacardi plant, that's a fun spot, made our own trails and tried to get stuck but no luck.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:32 PM

haha thanks ,it made itthrew alot ,i have had it up to the top of the headlights in water(thank god it didn't suck in water) Those 33s were perfect for the lift i had on it, they were also alright on the road. That jeep was my DD which got bad from the abuse of wheeling.Theother reason i sold it other then gas was it was not reliable and scared the crap outta me sometimes. I havn't given up wheeling thou im also looking for an older wrangler to jack up and get some 44s on! My friend right now has one of those little trackers sitting on 39/16 TSLs

.................it floats

Old 06-05-2007, 09:07 PM
3rd Gear Member

A TRACKER on 39's??? that is.....um......well, I've seen worse. I was going to ask if you snorkled it but saw the pic again, and I don't know how it didn't take on any water especially up to the lights?. How much of a lift did you have and who did it?. I'm a "Just Jeep's" shop junkie, love that place, there are a few more that are wicked, let you watch the build. I'de like to see this tracker...any pic's?. I'm in Guelph, where did you go muddin', know of any closer spots than brampton???.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:11 AM

Yea i blocked the stock hole for the air to get in the airbox and drilleda new holein the back and had a tube going up to the top of the hood ... I had a 4 inch lift in it that i ripped off old jeeps in junkyards and installed myself. the back is actually R.E 3.5 lift kit and the front is skyjacker. I m actually only 17 years old still learning as much as possible i can't afford new parts so used is just as good to me. When i get home i'll see if i can get a picture of the tracker. Iv gone to Ardbag ,which is 30 min north of parrysound, Thats the best trails i know of . I have been to a couple other private places as well ,I'll get some pictures.
Take care, Johnn

Old 06-06-2007, 04:40 PM
3rd Gear Member

That's only a 4" lift??? Looks more, but those came with a bit of factory lift. And there is nothing wrong with scrap yard goodies. It's a good place to salvage fairly new stuff when people did up their rides and killed it, most people don't think of parting them out....oh well, lucky for me...lol.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:02 PM

So im looking for a camaro , probly going to see one soon is there anything that they are common for braking down that i should check out while im looking over it. I know when buying a jeep they rust like crazy so just checking the floors are even there was a big issue . Also around how long does the V6 3.4l engine last for on average???
Thanks John

Old 06-10-2007, 08:56 PM

TRACKER

[IMG]local://upfiles/8275/C6636EB5D1A545699BF693C39A93F136.jpg[/IMG]