New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Looking to buy a 1st Gen Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Default Looking to buy a 1st Gen Camaro

I am looking to possibly buy a 1st gen camaro and had numerous questions regarding these cars. The car is actually for my wife and we have teeteredbetween a restomod non-orig car and an orig car. What are the differences between 67, 68 and 69? And what are approximate price ranges for the various options for a matching #s car (SS, RS, Z28 etc). What are the problem areas for these cars? Typical rust areas on any steel car?

I have looked a little on ebay, hemmings and other places, and it seems people want $30,000 for a #s matching car in driver condition that they made 120,000 of [:'(].

Old 10-21-2007, 12:54 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr
Default RE: Looking to buy a 1st Gen Camaro

There were alot more than 120,000 made; in 69 there were 190,971 V8 coupes alone. There were verts and all the V6's made too. 30k is actually a decent price for a well done 1st gen. Caveat; for every actual SS, SS/RS and Z28 there are 2 clones, be aware of what you are looking at. For the first half of the cars in 69 there were no indicators on the trim tag adressing the X-code, so you could buy a clone and never know the difference without a protect-o-plate or build sheet.
Do you have any specific car you are looking at? Head over to the 1st gen section of these forums and post up some pics and ask away.... You will be sure to get a proper answer over there.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:25 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: Looking to buy a 1st Gen Camaro

Welcome