New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Just Saying Hello

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Location: James Creek, PA 16657 & 2nd Home in Bonifay, FL 32425
Default Just Saying Hello

Hello There,

I have a 02 Camaro Rag Top with a 3.8 V-6 and 93 K miles. It runs good for 93 K miles.

1. Has a Eng. light latch and shows the code for the upper EGR Sensor.

I was wondering if their are tricks to the trade for replacing this sensor ?

Do I need to buy the >> special socket << that fits the sensor ?

2. I have a real (up/ down) slow window on the pass. side. The elec. motor was replaced on this same side about 1 year ago, per the 1st owner. It worked fine when I bought the car and has just got slower & slower.

Do I spray the glass track with any type of spray to cut down on the friction on the window / glass frame ?

When I bought the car... I did a complete service on the V6 Eng., Auto Trans. Fluid & Filter and Rear End & Brake Fluid & Power Steering too.

3. The water pump is leaking at the weep hole. I bought a Rebuilt WP and will install tomorrow. I replaced the thermostat with a Fail Safe Open type all ready.

Other that, I like the car and the gas mileage is good at 27 MPG or so. I Might get a little more with the upper EGR sensor changed out.

I have to drive 1 1/2 miles on a dirt road to get home and the car really rattles a lot on the dirt road. I drive slow.... only 10 to 15 MPH and don't notice the shake/ rattle in my Ford van or Dodge pick up truck.

Anyway Hello All and just looking for advice.

Avery

Old 11-07-2010, 07:32 AM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to the forum Avery, tech questions like this need to go to the proper sections. You'll get way more help in the 4th gen tech section with these.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:55 AM

Welcome

Old 11-13-2010, 08:11 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

soo wheres the pictures? we want to see. welcome to the forum avery hope we can help. oh and arrow is right post your questions in the 4th gen section and help will come. enjoy.