New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

In Iraq Looking at a camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 02:35 AM
Default In Iraq Looking at a camaro

Hey everyone!
I'm currently in Iraq and have been doing a lot of thinking. When I get back my 2008 Chevy Silverado will be paid off and I am thinking of trading it in for a 2010 SS Camaro. Just wanted to get some input about the car if anyone knows anything about it and if the 2010 SS Camaro will be a worth while vehicle. Basically I want it for it's performance values. I guess the only problem is deciding between a convertable or coupe. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks!
-Aaron

Old 01-05-2009, 09:07 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr
Default RE: In Iraq Looking at a camaro

The new camaro will be hot. However, I would wait till the second or even thierd year of the new gen to get one. Also, the vert will be alot heavier, performance is effected by weight.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Will the vert be available in the 2010 model. I thought that project was on hold?

Old 01-05-2009, 12:26 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Good question. I dont know, I do know that verts are always heavier than their hard top counterparts...

Old 01-05-2009, 05:05 PM
2nd Gear member

Maybe look into the line of corvettes. The c6 is flawless and you cant get a much better sounding car, with its 6.2l 364ci, it pushes out 400 ponies, and the 6th gen has all new body work and suspension. But if your even wealthier, theres always the option of the z06 with 7.0Litres of fury!!! Aka 505 rwhp.

But the 2010 ss camaro is AWSOME aswell lol. And as far as maro packages, you have to choose between the NEW L99 ss, the LS 3.8l 300 horse v6. Or the (my favorite) SS 6.2L V8 422 HP (LS3). And its got four wheel independent suspension as well! And FYI, The 2010 camaro goes on sale as of Febuary 2009.

Good luck with it all. Im SURE your will notice quite the differnece from your current silvarado

Old 01-05-2009, 08:44 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Where are you deployed too and what is your home duty station.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:47 PM
f68

Hi, the first year is always the best deal with a new car,especially with GM-like the corvett was, and you can bet that the General will NOT pull its head out of it's *** despite the current troubles, and it's products will not get realistic in pricing- they will go extinct instead. Thats just the sad reality of that retarded huge beaurocracy. They wont give coustomers what they want. They save the cooler styling-so they think, for later down the model line to keep the coustomers coming back-even tough the styling is screwed half the time like the last few years ov the 4th generation- the screwed mirror bumpsjap tumors along with the f-ed headlights and the equally stupid little minigrill either side of the license gave the overall impression of a jackass wit it's ears layed back , braying!

Old 01-05-2009, 11:53 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: cbr600rx7

Huh?

Old 01-06-2009, 12:25 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: f68

Hi, the first year is always the best deal with a new car,especially with GM-like the corvett was, and you can bet that the General will NOT pull its head out of it's *** despite the current troubles, and it's products will not get realistic in pricing- they will go extinct instead. Thats just the sad reality of that retarded huge beaurocracy. They wont give coustomers what they want. They save the cooler styling-so they think, for later down the model line to keep the coustomers coming back-even tough the styling is screwed half the time like the last few years ov the 4th generation- the screwed mirror bumpsjap tumors along with the f-ed headlights and the equally stupid little minigrill either side of the license gave the overall impression of a jackass wit it's ears layed back , braying!
Usually the first year isnt the best to buy because it hasnt had all of the real life road condition/ every day usebugs worked out and pricing is sometimes at its highest.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:04 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: c4maro

ORIGINAL: cbr600rx7

Huh?
He wasn't talking to you, he was talking to OP

Thanks for serving OP, and get a coupe because convertibles are heavier. In blue

Quick Reply: In Iraq Looking at a camaro