New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hola mi amigos!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 12:42 AM
Cool Hola mi amigos!

(Already posted a thread, but then I realized there was a new members section!)

Ahem, so anyways, just bought my 4th gen (94) a little over a week ago and stumbled upon this forum after looking for a few things (how to change them damn spark plugs -3.4L-) Anywho, the name's Forrest, from Freeport, IL and here's a little tiddle of how I came about buying my beaut. (Since I don't have much more to talk about at this point... BESIDES THEM DAMN PLUGS!)

The story begins on a cold October evening, where I walked outside of my house to my awesome Mitsubishi Mighty Max truck (yes, it's a real vehicle.) As I was walking out, I noticed a dripping noise, so I checked underneath to find a murky coolant leak, and after several radiator flushes, oil changes, I noticed that I was getting oil in my antifreeze as well as going through around a quart of oil a week. The motor was slowly screaming, "HELP ME, I'M DYING!" So at that point I pretty much decided that I was going to do nothing but work to find a car suitable to my personality, once I had saved enough up, I began checking out Craigslist religiously, not knowing what to expect, my only criteria was a 5-speed. Seemed like I looked forever, and I gave up, finding only POS cars and overpriced morons. Finally it came to me when I was casually talking to my dad about right before I got my license and what car I told him I wanted. He told me I was looking through an Auto-trader and found a Camaro, needless to say, I floated to my computer and typed in "Camaro" upon the Craigslist search.

Immediately I seen this, "Camaro 94 V6 5-speed" it was then I was convinced. Took her for a test drive, as I embarrassed the hell out of myself since I've only drove stick about two times in my life beforehand, but as soon as I returned, I handed the seller the money and took over. The first few days were hard, as I stalled at about every stop sign, but now I'm finally getting the hang of it!

Fast forward to where I am now, little after midnight, telling future computer friends about my experience buying my first Camaro... Hope you liked my story! I'm sure you'll all see a lot more confused questions from me later!

Old 11-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Welcome to Camaro Forums, and congrats on your recent find.

Old 11-27-2013, 04:19 PM
3rd Gear Member

Congrats and welcome yo C.F lets see some pics later

Old 11-27-2013, 04:48 PM
3rd Gear Member

Welcome aboard.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Official GM Representitive

Originally Posted by Foresemo29
(Already posted a thread, but then I realized there was a new members section!)

Ahem, so anyways, just bought my 4th gen (94) a little over a week ago and stumbled upon this forum after looking for a few things (how to change them damn spark plugs -3.4L-) Anywho, the name's Forrest, from Freeport, IL and here's a little tiddle of how I came about buying my beaut. (Since I don't have much more to talk about at this point... BESIDES THEM DAMN PLUGS!)

The story begins on a cold October evening, where I walked outside of my house to my awesome Mitsubishi Mighty Max truck (yes, it's a real vehicle.) As I was walking out, I noticed a dripping noise, so I checked underneath to find a murky coolant leak, and after several radiator flushes, oil changes, I noticed that I was getting oil in my antifreeze as well as going through around a quart of oil a week. The motor was slowly screaming, "HELP ME, I'M DYING!" So at that point I pretty much decided that I was going to do nothing but work to find a car suitable to my personality, once I had saved enough up, I began checking out Craigslist religiously, not knowing what to expect, my only criteria was a 5-speed. Seemed like I looked forever, and I gave up, finding only POS cars and overpriced morons. Finally it came to me when I was casually talking to my dad about right before I got my license and what car I told him I wanted. He told me I was looking through an Auto-trader and found a Camaro, needless to say, I floated to my computer and typed in "Camaro" upon the Craigslist search.

Immediately I seen this, "Camaro 94 V6 5-speed" it was then I was convinced. Took her for a test drive, as I embarrassed the hell out of myself since I've only drove stick about two times in my life beforehand, but as soon as I returned, I handed the seller the money and took over. The first few days were hard, as I stalled at about every stop sign, but now I'm finally getting the hang of it!

Fast forward to where I am now, little after midnight, telling future computer friends about my experience buying my first Camaro... Hope you liked my story! I'm sure you'll all see a lot more confused questions from me later!
Hello Forrest,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your acquisition! Great to hear about your experience and we wish you many miles of smiles.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Old 11-27-2013, 11:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to CF....