New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hey Everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Default Hey Everyone!

Hi Everyone at Camaro Forums! I'm finally getting a chance to follow up on the Stolen 73' SEMA Camaro that was recovered! Here is a brief summary of what happened.

The car was built from 1/07 and "finished" the day before we left to go to SEMA 07'. I was the Sales Manager for PROTHANE at the time and it was in our booth. We were up for 3 days straight trying to make it "look" like a complete car before SEMA. Countless hours in that thing along with $. Thanks to my good friend Justin at Hampton Fabrication and my wife (We own JDP Motorsports) we got it there. Also THANKS to all of our sponsors on page 7 (Need to add a few) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2650821 I plan on posting a lot of the build pictures on the Car Domain pages. We built the entire car aside from the Body work and paint in our garage. The engine was also built in the garage with the help of my father Don Priestley and Forrest Seek who is the man with the BB IMO.

After SEMA ended on Friday my wife and I loaded the Camaro in our enclosed trailer and finished tearing down the booth. We finished taking the booth down and we stop by the truck to drop a few things off, it was in the Riviera parking lot (Guarded). We left and got dinner and checked out ( 2 hours and 45 min), came back and it was gone! The truck, trailer and car! We saw a couple of weird guy's working on a POS Mustang on the street next to the lot when we droped off the Rig, when we came back there was only 1. I walked over and asked him if he saw anything and he said no. When I was walking away my wife said he started looking around. He got the Mustang running all of a sudden (after 3+ hours?) I couldn't find the security retards so I called 911 and reported it stolen. The Riviera wouldn't show us the "tapes" which pissed me off. We waited from 10:45 to 6:00 am before LVPD got there, I thought the car was in pieces. :whine: So we went home with a co-worker that morning and I can honestly say that was the worst day ever! Monday morning we called the insurance company to report everything stolen (Liability insurance on the Camaro because we didn't have a chance with the time crunch)!!

Not an hour later LVPD called and found everything abandoned a mile away! I couldn't believe it! We went from SoCal to Vegas in 3 hours hitting the rev limiter the entire way! I started thinking about the crack heads working on the POS Mustang and what I think is they didn't expect us to leave that night. When the guy saw us call the police he called his buddy and told him we were onto him? That's all I can think of unless a higher power was involved.:innocent: The only damage was the door lock/ignition switch on the truck, my backpack was gone and the trailer lock on the side door was gone! Tools were there, everything!

I haven't had a chance to follow up on the story. When it happened I had support from a lot of industry friends, Camaro forums , Camaros.net (Team Camaro) and there "Stolen Alert system" NastyZ28.com, an awesome friend Camaro Mike from NY (AKA Mr FBDY), and a lot of great people in the Camaro/muscle car community. I'm sure I missed some people/organizations but seriously from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU! If it wouldn't have been for all of the support I would have probably lost my mind! THANK YOU to everyone that responded and gave support! I am truly thankful to be involved in such a great Industry/hobby!!!!! I'm still a little out of sorts... Again thank you to everyone that helped get the word out, now I'll be picking the Camaro up in SoCal early April and bringing it to UT to finish! Keep an eye out for the completed car!

Old 03-28-2008, 04:53 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr
Default RE: Hey Everyone!

Good to hear about the full recovery. I cant remember if you had any pic's up from the show.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:41 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Hey Everyone!

welcome to the site!