New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hello from Miami

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 09:42 PM
Default Hello from Miami

Wassup people!! Congrats to everybody for having and keeping up this nice forum. Someone said introductions, so here it goes... recently moved to Miami, so I had to sell my old and trusty '90 RS. I'm in between jobs here and hope I can get soon a 4th. gen to continue being a Camaro fan. Also had a '78 Z28 once and a Silverado so I guess that makes me more of a Chevy fan (I've had F*** and D**** cars also, sorry 'bout that!).

I also had the great experience and thrill of designing and building myself my own sportscar, which I did back in '99. Took me about 1,800 hrs of work (not to mention $) and when all the fiberglass dust had settled I had a spaceframe chassis, custom 'glass bodywork (like a 2 seat formula car), C4 Vette front suspension, custom machined Boyd wheels, Toyota 4AGE engine, trans and rear brakes, plus a lot of race and custom one off machined parts in a 1,300 lb. package with functional aerodynamics. I had to design and build the hydraulics, mechanical systems and build a new electrical system to the original EFI computer...darn I hate electrical systems...lol, did all the frame cutting and fitting (left the welding to a pro), aluminum panel bending, interior panel upholstery, helped with prep and paint, etc. did 90% of the work by myself, so you could say I'm a jack of all trades, but there's still room for improvement.
I did this outside the US, and was lucky enough to certify the car for road use, which I did, and also won a best of show at a local event and autocrossed it... ahh memories...

I'm also always trying to learn a bit more about everything car and bike related (maybe one of you has seen me at Borders or Waldenbooks, I'm a good customer at the automotive section lol), I also collect 1/24 and 1/25 scale cars (diecast and plastic, I have 142 as of this week) so don't thow away your old ones! give 'em to me please!!

I'm definitely not into imports or bling bling fads, but I would like to build a drift car with american muscle, just to have fun. I've also done stuff for friends, like 'glass work, design rollcages, paint schemes, and such. My biggest problem is having ideas but no cash... the story of my life [sm=boohoo.gif]

Hope to learn a lot from you people, and cheers!

Old 06-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Default RE: Hello from Miami

My biggest problem is having ideas but no cash
me too, family gets it frist