New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hello Guys and Gals!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Default Hello Guys and Gals!

Hey everyone! I'm Rosie, nice to meet you guys! I just boughta Camaro day before yesterday. Its my first one, I've had some other Chevy's, like a few El Camino's, and I have an Aveo as my DD. My new little guy is a 1984, and it appears to be one of those "f41's". I really don't know a whole lot about it, but I traded a shotgun for it . From what it seems, it has a 'vette 350, holley carbs, and thrush headers. sadly, its an automatic and doesnt have ttops. The body is pretty good, one dent that can probably be popped out, and when it was gettin loaded onto the flat bed (it runs, but rear break calipersneed replaced, and the power steering is out) the nose scraped the bed and cracked. I'm probably gonna have LOTS of questions! For now, mechanically, I don't have any cause I haven't really got to drive it yet, but visually, I have a couple ?'s.
Can anyone suggest a good place to get those pre-formed headliners, carpets and seat covers? and does anybody know a site where i can load in what type of car I have, and see what it would look like diiferent colors? A guy at my work told me about one, but he couldnt remember what it was. Any other info anybody might know about these cars would be a help too! Thanks!!!

Rosie

pics
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...23d6b83453.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...29c776759c.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...29c776759c.jpg

Old 01-15-2008, 11:22 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Hello Guys and Gals!

Welcome to the forums haha nice trade for it, I am pretty sure someone on here can modify a picture of it on Photoshop. (I would but I just started using it.) There is a lot of places you can check for camaro parts, I check ebay sometimes. I've been using ecklerscamaro to get a general idea on prices for what I need. I don't have a 3rd gen, I have a 2nd gen. Better have that tow truck company pay for the damages! Many guys here have 3rd gens and will be able to help ya. Go for the racing seats! not just covers what color is it? interior?

Old 01-15-2008, 12:31 PM
4th Gear Member

whats up Rosie???????

Old 01-15-2008, 12:47 PM

It was actually towed by a friend, who made the 200 mile trip and labor for free, I just paid for the gas, so I can't really complain too much
It is currently a bright teal kinda color, not sure if it is original, and has grayish blue interior, i think, it's pretty dinjy. But meh, it seems solid. Can I did order one of those eckler catalogs last night. Can I order an aftermarket nose, or will that end up being a junkyard find?

Old 01-15-2008, 01:10 PM
1st Gear Member

I would say you could find 1 at a junkyard fairly easy I see them all the time. I looked on paddock parts and they have the front bumper cover that fits 85-87 doesnt show any for a 84 but its $214 for a urethane cover.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:45 PM

whats the difference between a cover and the actual nose?

Old 01-16-2008, 09:55 AM
1st Gear Member

They call it the "nose" lol your camaro is in better condition than mine, unless ya have rust? Whats the interior like? I would check junkyards or camaro salvage places, where are you located? that also matters I will look around and check for your "nose" I am at work and bored!

Old 01-16-2008, 10:03 AM
1st Gear Member

this site http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/in...mp;ProdID=1430sells a front bumper cover for 82-84 for 200. Unless you want the z28 front what part of the the nose was messed up? just front bottom?

Old 01-16-2008, 10:32 AM
2nd Gear member

Hey. welcome to the site.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:23 PM

The only rust I've seen is where the spare goes in the trunk. I did also notice another dent I didnt notice before There is a dent in the hood too. So I guess I will need a hood now too, maybe one with a cowl. The interior is so/so. A couple of small tears, but it's dirty, carpet is just dirty.the headliner is missing. Dash and stuff are okay. I took the radio out yesterday, it was grounded bad, and was causing the battery to die. I checked on www.car-parts.com yesterday for the nose, and they ranged anywhere from 200-1000, I havent checked on the hood yet. I feel so un-educated on Camaros since I've never had one before, so I am goint to apologize in advance for my upcoming ?. Will any nose fit from 82-85? I am thinking just Z nose's wont..but I wasnt sure about like a berlinetta nose...

Quick Reply: Hello Guys and Gals!