New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hello everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008 | 03:36 PM
|
Default Hello everyone!

What's up! My name's Austin, I'm 19 and have been into cars my whole life. On Monday I picked up my first Camaro, a 2000 Z28 6spd. I am not completely new to Camaros though, my dad has 2 69's: a Pro touring style he's had since 83 with a 454ho and a 700R4, and he's also got a 69 Z11 pace car that we are in the process of selling. I took my camaro to the strip last night, and ran a best of 13.23@107. I've raced there A LOT of times, but never with a stick, so I am hoping to improve and be in the 12's next time. I also have a 69 Nova ss396 I'm restoring, a 1984 el camino I'm trying to sell, and a 99 grand prix mileage car. I would post pics and stuff, but I'm new to the whole "forum" thing and any help about anything is much appreciated! Sorry this is kinda long, I just got a lot to say I guess! Thanks, and dont be afraid to talk/ask me questions!

Old 08-29-2008 | 07:55 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Hello everyone!

Welcome to the forums! To post pictures you can add links from a PhotoBucket account or the forums have a way to upload them but there is a file size limit. I havn't been on the forums too long myself but everyone here is helpful and you should find the answers your looking for quickly

Old 08-29-2008 | 10:43 PM

Hello Austin.

My son is just slightly younger than you. We got him a 91 RS until he gets his "smart" car.

However, the Camaro quickly turned into my project car.

Just be sure your dad lets you help. That's part of the fun.

We went to the junkyard today and found some good high end accessories, like more interior lights and a mirror with a map light.

Install is tomorrow!

Yes, this is a great forum. I get a lot of help here.

Old 08-30-2008 | 10:57 AM
|
Old 08-31-2008 | 10:00 PM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

Hi Austin Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a nice long list of cars you got there between you and your dad.