New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hello from Centralia WA looking for a 69

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Default Hello from Centralia WA looking for a 69

Hello, I am in the market for a 69 Camaro but not sure if i would get more bang for my buck to have one built or buy one already built.
I have 30k to spend and not one dollar more. I am looking for something i can take to car shows with my family. My perfect car would be Black/Black with great int and a very clean (not stock) engine. Maybe a TPI or LS? I cannot "build it" myself i have no time and want to enjoy it now.

I have been looking at ebay and it seems the cars i like are more in the 35-40k range or more even.

So i was wondering how much would a restomod shop charge to do what im looking for if i brought them a heap 69?
Is there a better place to look for one than Ebay?
Any other tips?

Old 11-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Official GM Representitive

Originally Posted by tacomatom
Hello, I am in the market for a 69 Camaro but not sure if i would get more bang for my buck to have one built or buy one already built.
I have 30k to spend and not one dollar more. I am looking for something i can take to car shows with my family. My perfect car would be Black/Black with great int and a very clean (not stock) engine. Maybe a TPI or LS? I cannot "build it" myself i have no time and want to enjoy it now.

I have been looking at ebay and it seems the cars i like are more in the 35-40k range or more even.

So i was wondering how much would a restomod shop charge to do what im looking for if i brought them a heap 69?
Is there a better place to look for one than Ebay?
Any other tips?
tacomatom,

Hello and welcome to the forum! Great that you're considering a Camaro. If you have any additional questions, feel free to message us. It's great to have you here .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Old 11-10-2013, 05:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forum......

Old 11-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Welcome to Camaro Forums, and congratulations on deciding to buy the best of the 1st gen's!
If you take a heap to a resto shop, you're going to be paying a lot more than you're finding current finished ones for. Keep looking, I've seen plenty of decent priced 69's out there. You just need to go over the car with a fine tooth comb to make sure it is as "nice" as the seller claims. And never buy one online sight-unseen, you'll open yourself up for a big disappointment when you find out that a seller's idea of "perfect condition" can be much different from yours.