New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 10:27 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Hello

Howdy everyone! Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm new here but not necessarily new to the "affliction".

I've been away from wrenchin for about (too many) years and now I'm back at it again. Buying BBC parts like they're going out of style, well at least as much as I can afford.

I've gotten quite rusty in the last (too many) years so forgive me for asking a lot of questions in the future. I'll get back up to speed soon enough, I'm sure.

Anyway, Hello everyone! Wayne

Old 12-28-2009, 04:25 AM

Hello friends,

I am carltoncary.My hobbies are to play football and to play guitar whenever i get time.I use to manage time somehow in my busy schedule.I am new to this site.I hope to learn some new from this site.I would like to welcome all the new members.

Thank you!!

Old 12-29-2009, 07:35 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

hay wayne good to have ya. so weres the pictures? what plans have u got for it? welcome to the forum and have a happy new yr.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:25 PM

Welcome Wayne

Old 01-02-2010, 10:43 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to the forum Wayne, what camaro do you have?

carltoncary - Please start your own thread and don't hijack others.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:50 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Hello greenarrow, I have a '79 Z-28 with T-tops. Pictures? I have a few pictures but I gotta warn you, they're a sad lot of pictures! My plans? A big block with lots of snoot, new paint and interior. I've had my car for over ten years now and have had some bad luck with it in the past. I built a very nice 350 for it about nine years ago and right about the time I got the headers on it and was about to finish up in the engine compt. I had an under hood fire. The fancy AN fitting I put on the carb. sprayed gas all over the eng. compt. and burned everything up. Kinda kicked the hell outta me. I gave up right after that. Anyway I'm back at it now so we'll see where I take this thing now. I'm kinda feeling the old hot rodder I once was sneaking back! I just gotta finish this old F 100 I'm building an engine for and I can start on my Camaro. I gotta turn the F 100 and then I'll have more cash for the Z-28. It'll take some time but I got plenty of that (I hope!).

Old 01-03-2010, 12:10 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

That sucks about the fire, scooch on here had that in his 69. You should start a build thread for you car in the 2nd gen tech section so we can follow it.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:16 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Well greenarrow, let's see how it goes. My Z-28 has been on the back burner for about 9-10 years now. I'd hate to start a picture thread showing my progress 'cuz it could get really boring really fast. Kinda sounds like Momma might be clipping my $$ wings for a while since she let me spend about $550 on the 454 core and extra set of heads as well as the normal Xmas spending, so maybe I'll do some of the cheap/free stuff and photograph it, I dunno. Doing the "wish list" thing on Jeg's has put me at just over $5k for what I gotta have to put my big block in my Z, and that's not even counting the interior, so as you can imagine, it's gonna take a while just to scrape up the coin for this build. Maybe I'll win some lottery money! I ain't holdin my breath though. Just to get mine running again I gotta buy carb., all wiring including spark plug wires, engine compt. harness, hoses etc.. I figure I'll get it running with the small block in it and drive it while I gather all the goodies to build my BBC and TH 400 and install everything. That way I can maybe get my hot rodder mojo back. We'll see. Just being here is quite an accomplishment, I guess it means I'm somewhat interested again eh?