New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Default Hello

I just went and bought my first Camaro last friday. It's a 67 v6 car but that didn't matter to me it's not going to stay original anyway. So I have a big project ahead of me so I came here to get some advice. I have wanted a 67 camaro since I was 16 and just never got around to getting one. I have been racing circle track at I-70 speedway in Odessa MO. for the past 5 years. I just got tired of working on my car all week long just to take it to the track and have someonecrash itfor me.My number was 38 which explains the login name. I thought if I got an old car to fix up I could work on it when I wanted so I could still get my garage fix and I would still have time to do things with the family. When I was racing I was in the garage all the time which got to be more of a job then a hobby. So it was time for a change. I am hoping my oldest son Ryan who is 12 now will take an interest in it and help out.Just think it would be cool because I don't plan on ever selling it so at some point it will be his. I have some before pic's i'll post later so you can see what I have to start with.I don't know much about these cars so I will probably need some advice from time to time. Just wanted to stop in here and say Hi. I'll be talking to you.
Gary

Old 12-06-2007, 05:40 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Hello

post up some pics of that 67 you got , nothing like a 67

[IMG]local://upfiles/6679/F05F5C01C68F41ED88351A4518672E11.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-08-2007, 01:34 PM
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums and look forward to seeing pic's. That's cool that you want to do your project with your son. I hope you enjoy your new hobby as much as you did the racing in the beginning before it turned from enjoyment to a job...post up those pic's when you get a chance. There is a lot of info here so post away.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:20 PM

Just created a new photo album under my login name. Best I could do for now, It only took me an hour...LOL As you can see I have alot of work to do.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:57 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Please tell me that is brown primer.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:58 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

BTW, welcome. There is alot of knowledge here to help you out, great bunch of guys over in the 1st gen section.

Old 12-13-2007, 02:28 PM

Yes, it's primer...lol
All the body work has been done but I still think I want to take it back down just to see what I have to work with. The trunk and floor pans need to be replaced.
The car sat in a barn for 16 years before the guy pulled it out and sold it. It smells like a barn too. The first night I brought it home it was late so I put it in the garage and went to bed. The next morning when I woke up the whole house smelled like a barn. My wife was pissed but she knew better then to ask me to put it outside. I cleaned out 3 mice nests, one in the headliner, one in the trunk lid, and one in the drivers door. I pulled the front end off of it and all the interior and cleaned it but it still smells. Each night when I get home from work I open the garage door for a few hours to air out the garage...LOL It's not that bad now but I can still smell it. My wife still hasn't ask me to put it out side...