New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Default Hello

I am purchasing a 2001 Camaro with T Tops. I havent had a Camaro in 5 years last one i had was a 96. It is a Rally Red with Chrome Wheels.

Future Ideas
Magnaflow Catback exhaust
Hi Flow Cat
New Headers
New Intake
CF SS Hood (like the look of the hood and i figured Carbon Fiber would lighten the ride a little bit too)
retint
audio system

Of course im a noob to modding so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on any of the above it is greatly appreciated. Im more into performance right at the moment and then thinking of a nice body kit later down the line.I will upload some pics once it warms up and i get the car washed.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:11 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Hello

welcome...that sounds like a good list you got there

you would paint the CF hood right?

Old 02-07-2007, 03:19 PM

yeah i will probably spend a little extra to get it painted. Dont think the gray would look all that good. I might tape off a design on the hood that might look pretty sweet.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:17 PM
4th Gear Member

leaving a carbon fiber hood unpainted on a red car will look like you just from Tokyo after doing some drifting

Old 02-07-2007, 04:50 PM

that and i kind of like the idea of modding it up but still looking original i guess they call that sleeper style. dont know what it would look like but i could lay some tape down on the hood in the design of a cross for chevy then peel it off when its done painted that would look pretty cool. Wonder if i could photoshop something.

Question
I have decided on the magnaflow cat back exhaust but what are some other top of the line products for:
hi flow cat
headers
CAI
also might seem noobish but on that SS hood is that a functional scoop? is there some sort of air intake or something associated with it? that would be better to get if i got the hood then right?

Old 02-07-2007, 06:56 PM
4th Gear Member

hi flow cat...i have a catco, but i think random technology is pretty good
headers...pacesetter is the only brand, they have painted and ceramic coated
CAI...SLP whisper lid for you

Old 02-08-2007, 12:50 AM
January 2007 ROTM

Thx for registering with us and make sure that you post up some pics of your car here :

https://camaroforums.com/m_50520/mpa..._/tm.htm#51077

Old 02-08-2007, 01:22 PM

Hawk,

As soon as it warms up to where i can wash the car and get it looking nice i will take some pics. It is below zero today and about 4 inches of snow on the ground as well.

badinfluence,

SLP whisper that is the K&N Kit? Also if i changed my hood to the SS hood is that scoop functional or just for looks guess what im asking is if there is a special air induction for itor if the whisper lid is good for it too.