New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

hello!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 05:36 AM
Default hello!

Hello!

Bought a 1999 Camaro for 5grand for my brother. It's black with a good body. The motor was beautiful my brother said. Only later noticed the light didn't work, the air stopped being cold, and check gages light came on, then the antilock disable light came on. When on the gas it didn't pick up fast, or hardly at all. It nearly died. The guy said it was fine, and didn't mention that it may have been in an accident. He said the turning signal didn't work because it needed to be changed. He lied. Just got it today and 3 hours later he had to park it. He called the guy and told him what happened and he said we'd talk about it tomorrow. He insisted that it was "dogged." He drove to 3 places one being Auto Zone for parts it needed. The speed limit is 50, but people drive about 75/80 since it's a long road through the country. He never went over 80. The guy said he never heard of a car just falling apart like that. My brother said the same thing. However, we saw it.

I'm thinking it looks good, and when running it's worth more than what he bargained it for. So maybe we'll be able to get him to give us the money back that would be needed to fix the car seeing it wasn't worth anything not running and we paid for a running Camaro. My brother says it's the transmission. Then the a/c and the front pass light seat needs to be changed. Not a lot needs to be done. I just hopes everything works out good. The car is hot. And even hotter running.