New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

FNG

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 08:12 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: FNG

ORIGINAL: cplthomas

Welcome to the forums. Alw2ays nice to see members with expariance in all gens registering with us. I once built a little 262 and put a holley 600 over an edelbrock torquer intake just for giggles. The combo ended up being too much for the little 262...talk about running rich.
Thanks for the welcome,not much experience with the newer stuff so I'm here to learn more than anything.
First gen I've done a lot with back in the day but times have changed building those too so I'm a bit of a fossil lol.
600cfm on a 262cid,yeah a bit much without supporting goodies inside the motor but with the right build it would be fine.
I had a friend back in the 70's with a '66 Corvair,he had built ladder bars and put a 5:13 geared narrowed 50's Poncho rearend in it where the engine used to reside and had a '302 Chevy in the front where the trunk used to be.
It was running a tunnel ram with two 650 double pumpers!
This was a street legal car,he had Pete Jackson geardrive and a 600 roller cam,manual advance dual points ignition (same I had in my BBC) and of course a host of other stuff in the li'l 302.
That car sounded like a mad hornet,he was shifting the V-gate Hurst 4 speed equipped M22 rockcrusher at 9000rpm.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:18 AM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

Finally, an old Dude!! It'll be nice to have some older blood around here! Mostly young punks on here. Welcome to the Forum!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 06:22 PM
1st Gear Member

punk is such a crude word cant you label them more along the lines of slightly disrespectful as I imagine you were as a teenager (Im 16)

But anyway welcome to the forum I hope to see more of you in the 4th gen section I have a 1998 z28 camaro. what year is yours again??

Old 12-19-2008, 09:30 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scooch

Finally, an old Dude!! It'll be nice to have some older blood around here! Mostly young punks on here. Welcome to the Forum!!!
Thanks for the welcome.....I think lol.

Old dude indeed.[8D]

Old 12-19-2008, 09:33 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shawnathan

punk is such a crude word cant you label them more along the lines of slightly disrespectful as I imagine you were as a teenager (Im 16)

But anyway welcome to the forum I hope to see more of you in the 4th gen section I have a 1998 z28 camaro. what year is yours again??
Ahh don't take it hard,all us old dudes wish we were young punks again heh heh.[:@]
Wish I had a cool car like that at 16,I had a Dodge truck and I thought it was way cool just to have wheels.
My new ride is a '93 Z28,sure is a different animal than my old big block '69.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:46 PM
1st Gear Member

ahh so you have the lt1 not bad not bad.Is it all stock or is it slightly moded??

Yea I saved my whole life to get that car and it pisses me off so much to see some spoiled little brat who cant even drive very well and doesn't know crap about engines driving a brand new car their daddy bought for them, knowing i worked and saved all my money as a kid to buy mine.

sorry about that rant anyway hope to see you around the 4th gen section

Old 12-20-2008, 02:04 PM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shawnathan

ahh so you have the lt1 not bad not bad.Is it all stock or is it slightly moded??
Good on you buying the car yourself,I knew spoiled kids with Daddy bought cars in my day too.
So far other than being lowered 2" and a few suspension mods(like that when I bought it) the car is stock.
I don't plan a bunch of mods since it'll be a daily driver but I will likely do a few bolt on bits.
Wish it was an LS1 but I think I did pretty good for $2000.
I already did the hotrod Camaro thing when I was younger with the old 427 4 speed '69.
Great fun but not a very practical driver,would love to have it back for sunny Sunday afternoon romps but I have more toys than I can keep up with now like this big block jetboat.
I gets my thrills & chills on the water.

She was about 400hp with a mild built Ford 460",coming soon a dual quad tunnel ram equipped much more built 466" (.030 over 460) Cobrajet making around 600hp on pump gas.
Mucho trick work on the block,oilpump etc.
New forged pistons,new 565 lift custom ground cam and roller rockers,new Eagle forged I-Beam rods,new Scat 9000 crank,etc.
Had the heads ,block & oil pump done here.....
www.highflowdynamics.com/

Name:  1-1.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  95.5 KB

Name:  4-1.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  44.3 KB

Name:  merwin004.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  71.8 KB

Old 12-22-2008, 01:41 PM
1st Gear Member