New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

first camaro... first car

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 09:54 PM
2nd Gear member
Default first camaro... first car

well... I got my car today. Its a 1996 Camaro Z28, all stock. Auto, leather, 99k, t's, Bose sound (but it just plays tapes.. i dont even own one of those haha), yeah. Well I love it. Great car. BUT I CANT DRIVE IT TIL MONDAY CAUSE THE DAMN DMV ISNT OPEN TO GET A NEW LISENCE PLATE FROM!!!!!! ima go crazy.

one question... can I switch my Bose tape player for a Bose CD player of the same year?

Old 11-04-2007, 07:24 AM
June 2007 ROTM
Default RE: first camaro... first car

welcome. I cant see why not. is it stock?

Old 11-04-2007, 09:35 AM

you can.... but your better off just buying an aftermarket headunit... you canput any radio//cd player in any car just gotta know how to do it.... i have a sony head unit sitting on my room ill sell ya for lik 25+ shipping

Old 11-04-2007, 11:53 AM
3rd Gear Member

Nice car, looks well taken care of. What happened to your license plate? Oh yeah and to refer to your other post, be sure to use only premium gasoline.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:39 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: allgonoshow

you can.... but your better off just buying an aftermarket headunit... you canput any radio//cd player in any car just gotta know how to do it.... i have a sony head unit sitting on my room ill sell ya for lik 25+ shipping
Post up a pic of it.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:40 PM
3rd Gear Member

Sorry, lol, welcome to the forum, nice ride.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:50 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: The Banks

What happened to your license plate?
I just dont have one yet. The DMV was closed yesterday, so I have to wait til tomorrow when I can get one. The title is in my dads name, we got that done yesterday, but the car is still registered to the guy that sold it to me.

And about the stereo, I really like the speakers...
oh and by the way I think I asked in one of my posts about my right front speaker, I fixed that today so never mind
...anyway after fixing it I found that the speakers sound really good and that I wanna keep them.

I do need a CD player, so I'll try and decide what I should do.
If I do just buy another stock Bose, it'll be less than $100, and all I will need to do is switch it out. That will be no problem. I took the door panel off today to fix that speaker, and I doubt replacing the head unit should be any harder.

But if I go aftermarket, how much would it cost (If it even works) to get my head unit replaced, but still keep my Bose speakers?

Old 11-04-2007, 07:13 PM
June 2007 ROTM

depends on what one u get some can get high up there. yes the speakers will work as long as u hook everything up right

Old 11-05-2007, 08:13 AM

it really depends on what kind of headunit you buy... any cd player will work with your speakers and hooking up a headunit isnt hard at all.. itrs basicly matching colored wired togeather.. you can spend anywhere from 100 dollers to 3000 dollers for a head unit. the cheapest plce ive found is wooferetc.com

Old 11-05-2007, 03:10 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

ththree, Welcome to the forums. Good luck with your stereo issue.