New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

does anyone know

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 03:47 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default does anyone know

hey my name is mark I have a 94 Z28 red with custom black stripes down the top of the car. I have some minor mods such as moroso cold air, 373 rear end, cat with free flow exhaust, and a couple of those resonators that plug in to your air box on the air intake. I have yeat to run at the track but I was wondering what anyone thinks I should run time wise. Yes I will be on street tires. Secondly with the minor mods i have made is my car about AS fast as a stock ls1 z28. Let me know please!

Old 08-17-2006, 11:11 PM
January 2007 ROTM
Default RE: does anyone know

Personally zman ........ it would be really difficult to answer a question such as that. To many factors to think about if you are running your vehicle at the track.

I am sure that someone might be able to answer the question for you but off the top of my head it would be difficult to give you an answer right now.

Old 08-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Tech Droid

I would think mid 13s ET, 101-102 trap speed.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:36 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default thanks man

i appreciate you taking the time to read over my question. so what year z arre you ridin in. Any mods man let me know. I can use a few extra pointers on things i can do as well.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:39 PM
In the Staging Lanes

hey hawk i am kind of new to the whole modification thing and i was wondering if you have any useful tips you could let me know. O yes tell me about your ride ? I want to get some further ideas for mine thanks.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default at the track

I have an auto trans in my 94 z and i am curious since i have so much low end torque if I should rev the car to about 2000 rpm before taking off the line. if i do this will this keep my tires from spinning off the line to much. or would you recomend me just taking off the old fashion way and just feathering it until 10 mph or so then slam it to the finish.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:51 PM
January 2007 ROTM
Default RE: at the track

ORIGINAL: zman

I have an auto trans in my 94 z and i am curious since i have so much low end torque if I should rev the car to about 2000 rpm before taking off the line. if i do this will this keep my tires from spinning off the line to much. or would you recomend me just taking off the old fashion way and just feathering it until 10 mph or so then slam it to the finish.

Personally bro I could not answer this question for you due top the fact that everything on my car is still stock , I have not done anything to it. Kinda like to keep it in its original form. It stays in the garage, covered up 95% of the time.

That's just me ............. others do other things according to what they like.

Trust me bro there are several ........ SEVERAL members on the forums that could give you some ideas and some pointers at the track.

Sorry I could not help you out.