Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   New Members Area (https://camaroforums.com/forum/new-members-area-95/)
-   -   Another newbie (https://camaroforums.com/forum/new-members-area-95/another-newbie-18436/)

camarofever 08-27-2007 02:41 PM

Another newbie

As my username indicates, I have Camaro fever. Although I don't have a Camaro right now, I once did and I'm currently looking for another one. My first car was a '77 Camaro (RS, I think). Not realizing what I had and how much I'd miss her I pretty much drove her into the ground. It had a huge dent in the right door from where I got too close to a garage, then the reverse went out and finally the brakes went and I had to sell her. I have thought about "Betsy" every day ever since. Then, in 2002 I bought a '99 but my hubby traded it in and got me a minivan. Thanks honey. So now here I am looking for another Camaro to love. My first choice would of course be another '77 but I haven't found one with the exact color interior that I had. Plus, I know nothing about cars and my husband can only do small/easy projects. So, what I'mthinking I'd like to do is get a '97 RS, paint it the color of my first Camaro and name it Betsy 2.

Ok, I guess that's enough about me. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here. Thanks for having such a nice forum.

HEAVYCHEVYMAYNE. 08-27-2007 04:36 PM

RE: Another newbie

INTERESTING STORY AND WELCOME TO THE FORUMS. I HOPE U FIND THE CAR YOU'RE LOOKING FOR.

Redhot 08-27-2007 05:28 PM

Hope you find the Camaro you want, and welcome to CF.

350rs 08-27-2007 06:04 PM

bummer of a story, how long did you have the car?

ive only had mine about a year and a half, but i LOVE it to death. Good luck with your search.

jonjon 08-27-2007 06:37 PM

Welcome.... I traded my first new car for a minivan for my wife, onlya month after I got it. (After her car got rear ended) But I'm happy that know she drives something a little more safe than a Toyota corolla...... By the way I got me my a 1971 Camaro to replace my car.... :D

Good luck....

Blade 08-28-2007 06:33 AM

I can relate. I have a 67 camaro and when I got i was 14 and by 16 i broke almost all the parts on it. live and learn. I am paying for all those mistakes now asI rebuilding welcome!

camarofever 08-28-2007 10:42 AM

I had my first Camaro for about 10 years. It defenately took a beating. Now i know better than to go that long with no maintenence.

ORIGINAL: 350rs

bummer of a story, how long did you have the car?

ive only had mine about a year and a half, but i LOVE it to death. Good luck with your search.

camarofever 08-28-2007 10:46 AM

I'm glad that whole minivan thing worked out for you. The minivan didn't last half as long as my Camaro did. Hopefully, I'll findtheCamaro i'm looking for in the next six months.

ORIGINAL: jonjon

Welcome.... I traded my first new car for a minivan for my wife, onlya month after I got it. (After her car got rear ended) But I'm happy that know she drives something a little more safe than a Toyota corolla...... By the way I got me my a 1971 Camaro to replace my car.... :D

Good luck....

camarofever 08-28-2007 10:48 AM

I wish I could rebuild something from scratch but neither I nor my husband really know anything about cars. Thanks for the welcome!

ORIGINAL: Blade

I can relate. I have a 67 camaro and when I got i was 14 and by 16 i broke almost all the parts on it. live and learn. I am paying for all those mistakes now asI rebuilding welcome!

orocker 08-28-2007 07:07 PM

Welcome aboard. Story sounds like my first camaro. Goodluck on your search.